Smith, Football Return

TSUBAMAFAN

BamaNation Citizen
May 18, 2000
Enterprise, AL USA
My nephew was telling me about your father-in-law returning to Foley. My nephew knew all about it because he plays for Mary G. Montgomery, Foley's first opponent. I wish him good luck after the first game.

------------------
"BAMA", my favorite four letter word.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
TSU..

Thanks for the comments. Coach Smith is a legend in S. Alabama ... 119-53-2 record will do that when playing against the likes of Vigor, Daphne, Murphy, and some of the big panhandle FL teams and before the advent of the current playoff system.

Keep Coach Smith in your prayers...he had back surgery a couple of weeks ago and had to go back in the hospital this past weekend but should be getting out tomorrow.

more info:
Foley Coach Recovering

thanks.

Brett

[This message has been edited by BamaNation (edited August 15, 2001).]

TSUBAMAFAN

BamaNation Citizen
May 18, 2000
Enterprise, AL USA
Brett

We will certainly keep Coach Smith in our prayers and we wish him a speedy recovery.

I had heard about him and his Foley teams for years. My Dad's family is from Mobile (he was an All-State guard from UMS in the early 50's) and I had cousins and uncles that played at most of the High Schools in that area: Murphy, Davidson, Shaw, UMS and others.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.