Question: Any odd occurrences in NCAA '11 dynasty?

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA
I finally got around to finishing my first off-line dynasty season and I hope it's not an omen of this upcoming season.

I started the season as #1 in the nation and won almost every game by at least 21 points (Arkansas being the exception at 7 points). However, I somehow slowly lost ground to the following teams, and the standings were the following with 3 games left in the season:
(1) Iowa
(2) Washington
(3) Ohio State
(4) Alabama

Going into the SEC Champ game, Iowa dropped out but Bama climbed only to #3, which is ridiculous looking at the respective schedules. After beating UF 31-0 in the SEC CG, I REMAINED at #3. Bama's schedule is so much tougher than any of those other teams.

Washington won the Nat'l Championship, really? I slaughtered TCU in the Sugar Bowl and finished at #2.

Ingram averaged around 150 yds/game rushing and finished at the top of all RBs in almost every statistical category - yet wasn't even considered for the Heisman. It went to Houston's QB and the only non-QB even considered was a WR.

Something seems to be a bit off about the decision systems at work in the dynasty.

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
I'm at the LSU game. Still unbeaten and the top 3 are Bama, Iowa, and Washington. Ohio State lost to somebody and fell a few spots.

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA
I'm at the LSU game. Still unbeaten and the top 3 are Bama, Iowa, and Washington. Ohio State lost to somebody and fell a few spots.
Yeah, I understand that Locker is a great QB, but he's not enough to carry a team with as many shortfalls as Washington.

My main issue with my scenario above was that a conference championship win over a top 10 UF team was not enough to overtake an idle Ohio State or Washington. That would NEVER have occurred in reality.

There's something screwy with their poll/ranking calculations.

Has anybody else been running into issues like this?

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
I finally got around to finishing my first off-line dynasty season and I hope it's not an omen of this upcoming season.

I started the season as #1 in the nation and won almost every game by at least 21 points (Arkansas being the exception at 7 points). However, I somehow slowly lost ground to the following teams, and the standings were the following with 3 games left in the season:
(1) Iowa
(2) Washington
(3) Ohio State
(4) Alabama

Going into the SEC Champ game, Iowa dropped out but Bama climbed only to #3, which is ridiculous looking at the respective schedules. After beating UF 31-0 in the SEC CG, I REMAINED at #3. Bama's schedule is so much tougher than any of those other teams.

Washington won the Nat'l Championship, really? I slaughtered TCU in the Sugar Bowl and finished at #2.

Ingram averaged around 150 yds/game rushing and finished at the top of all RBs in almost every statistical category - yet wasn't even considered for the Heisman. It went to Houston's QB and the only non-QB even considered was a WR.

Something seems to be a bit off about the decision systems at work in the dynasty.
I did one season of Road to Glory (then realized its still terrible); Boise St played Bama in the NC that year and Bama won by about 74937 points.

In my first season of offline dynasty, I know Washington was ranked #3 at one point.

In my second season of offline dynasty Boise St played Bama again in the NC and Bama won by a wide margin again. And for the record, I'm playing my dynasty with Troy, I finished by second year at #3.

CBag4Bama

1st Team
Sep 22, 2002
Birmingham, AL
I'm at the AU game in my first season. I started #1 but after the FL game I dropped to #2. They were ranked #5 and I beat them 42-14. I don't recall who jumped ahead of me but they eventually lost and I moved back to #1.

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA
I'm at the AU game in my first season. I started #1 but after the FL game I dropped to #2. They were ranked #5 and I beat them 42-14. I don't recall who jumped ahead of me but they eventually lost and I moved back to #1.
Yeah, I had a similar occurrence where I pummelled FL and Ohio State pummelled Illinois, yet somehow Ohio State jumped me in the rankings that week.

I guess having taken a couple years off from owning NCAA (and consequently playing dynasty mode) I expected a significant improvement in the dynasty rankings system and players' awards, etc.

I just can't figure out how they're computing the national rankings. I mean, when you can't jump an idle Washington or OSU team by destroying a top ten FL team in the SEC CG something is terribly disfunctional with their system.

CBag4Bama

1st Team
Sep 22, 2002
Birmingham, AL
Yeah, I had a similar occurrence where I pummelled FL and Ohio State pummelled Illinois, yet somehow Ohio State jumped me in the rankings that week.

I guess having taken a couple years off from owning NCAA (and consequently playing dynasty mode) I expected a significant improvement in the dynasty rankings system and players' awards, etc.

I just can't figure out how they're computing the national rankings. I mean, when you can't jump an idle Washington or OSU team by destroying a top ten FL team in the SEC CG something is terribly disfunctional with their system.
Yeah their system is a bit flawed. Penn St.'s lone loss in my dynasty is to the #1 team in the nation and they are ranked #24. Wha??? I think they were #16 when I beat them and I think they beat OSU. Double Wha????

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Sylvania, Alabama, United States
I've yet to start my dynasty in NCAA 11, but I've had similar problems in past versions. Just gotta take it with a grain of salt.
Exactly right. I haven't chipped in and got '11 yet. As a matter of fact I'm still on '08. :redface: Same thing though. I'm 7-0 right now and only 18th going into the Tennessee game. They are 6-1 and 15th and LSU is #1 at 7-0. And I've also changed out all my OOC games to very respectable teams. I'm not looking at the schedule ATM but I played aTm and ND. I think the others are BC and FSU. I think Arkansas was my closest game at 24-14 or so. On the plus side, I have managed after many dominating performances to get Ingram on the Heisman list, although, even if you get to the vote its still a crap shoot.

I'm actually in the middle of the UT game right now, which is what brought me here. It was a defensive 1st quarter and ended at 0-0. Came out with the ball and tried to run the option to Ingram and the play ended in a fumble deep in our territory. Well, the defense holds and UT is forced to try a FG. Guess what?!? McClain jumped through the middle and blocked it with Mt Cody right on his heels. :eek::biggrin2: I watched the replay and saved a snapshot and (due to character limits) named the photo RckyBlk. :BigA::BigA::BigA: But, thats where the similarities to last year's game ended. The very next play after the block I run a tight offset I counter trap to the strong side and Ingram took it the entire length of the field. Then the flood gates opened and its 28-0 going into halftime and BDS is rocking. :cool:

Does anyone ever chose to play with a DB on defense? I've mostly used LB's and DL's in the past but in this dynasty I have controlled Javy on every defensive play. Through 7 games he has 5 sacks and a pick or two. It really gave playing defense a fresh perspective. Its a different challenge trying to read whether its a pass or run when they play action. I recommend everyone at least give it a try.:)

BigTex

All-SEC
Sep 19, 2002
Spring, Texas
Recruiting is horrible ! I used to go and select the 35 I wanted it to concentrate on and let it go. Sometimes I would go through recruiting week in and week out and would usually come up with a top 5 class. Other years I would let the computer take care of it with all appropriate selections checked and would come up with a top 10 class.

Now I choose the top 35 I want to conecntrate on and play the years opponents and let the computer handle it , it may select 10 players and ranking may be about 40th !!

WTH !!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.