Anyone else having trouble passing?

kmccoy1

Scout Team
Jul 17, 2003
Alpharetta, GA
Hey,

So far so good on my dynasty, but I'm having a really hard time passing. The coverage seems a lot tighter this year. Of course, maybe I'm out of practice, but it really seems like my receivers are blanket covered on every play (occassionally Julio jumps up and gets one).

I was wondering if anyone had any pass plays that they are using with success. I'm using the standard Bama playbook, AA difficulty.

RollTideinGA

All-SEC
Jun 25, 2002
GA
i have noticed more of a pass rush by the computer controlled teams. I think it adds a bit more to the realism. You have to be quicker on the draw. Choose a lower difficulty and /or adjust the sliders.

I will more than likely knock down the running offense to make it harder, and bump up the pass to make it a little easier.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
The coverage does seem a bit too good this year IMO, but I've found a pretty good balance on AA with slider tweaks. I rarely throw for 270+ but I find that to be rather realistic given our offense, plus I'm usually pretty balanced between rush and pass yards which I like anyways.

RTR13

1st Team
Oct 2, 2008
Columbia, TN
The game is actually bugged to some extent this year. The defensive moves are broken, which often results in little-to-no seperation between the receivers and defenders.

I would link the video of it, but the guy removed it since I last saw it. But the linebackers (or whoever is covering the WRs) actually won't transition between their moves, which does not slow them down in the slightest.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
The game is actually bugged to some extent this year. The defensive moves are broken, which often results in little-to-no seperation between the receivers and defenders.

I would link the video of it, but the guy removed it since I last saw it. But the linebackers (or whoever is covering the WRs) actually won't transition between their moves, which does not slow them down in the slightest.
I've noticed that as well. They jump under or over the receiver lightning quick. It's frustrating.
Posted via Mobile Device

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
I've noticed that as well. They jump under or over the receiver lightning quick. It's frustrating.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thats whats its been for me. CB's covering on curl routes will "go through" the receivers almost to make a pick, even though the CB's are behind the receivers. It seems like the timing or something is a bit different this year, but it usually different from year to year. But its a bit tougher and, to me at least, makes it more realistic.

I'm playing my dynasty with troy just to make it a nice challenge. I've had a lot of success over the middle with cover 2 however.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Thats whats its been for me. CB's covering on curl routes will "go through" the receivers almost to make a pick, even though the CB's are behind the receivers. It seems like the timing or something is a bit different this year, but it usually different from year to year. But its a bit tougher and, to me at least, makes it more realistic.

I'm playing my dynasty with troy just to make it a nice challenge. I've had a lot of success over the middle with cover 2 however.
Yeah over the middle is about the only place you can throw it, it's almost impossible (at least for me it seems anyway) to beat the defense down the sidelines or deep for that matter (unless a guy is just completely uncovered). And linebackers batting passes down that are being thrown a good 20+ yards downfield behind them is starting to get really annoying. :(

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Lowering the speed threshold setting helps get some separation for the deep ball (at least so far from what I'm seeing). I had it at 35 and lowered it to 20, liking what I'm seeing from that thus far.

RTR13

1st Team
Oct 2, 2008
Columbia, TN
Lowering the speed threshold setting helps get some separation for the deep ball (at least so far from what I'm seeing). I had it at 35 and lowered it to 20, liking what I'm seeing from that thus far.
Might try that. Last year's game, nobody could drop a pass. This year, nobody can catch one.

Bear Disciple

1st Team
Oct 27, 2009
Tuscaloosa, AL
Might try that. Last year's game, nobody could drop a pass. This year, nobody can catch one.
I definitely notice that. I'll throw to a crossing route and if they get hit within a second of catching the ball, dropped. That's what's killed me the most, happens 20 times a game.

(I guess I should learn not to run those routes)

miggy402

1st Team
Aug 23, 2009
Waycross, GA
The most success I've had is effective use of the hurry up. Use it too much and the defense will eventually catch on, but used sparingly seems to really catch em off guard. Computer's first reaction usually is some type of safety blitz which leaves them wide open on a deep slant.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I definitely notice that. I'll throw to a crossing route and if they get hit within a second of catching the ball, dropped. That's what's killed me the most, happens 20 times a game.

(I guess I should learn not to run those routes)
I definitely see my share of drops but for the most part they seem rather realistic and I'm okay with that, I'd rather have it that way than seeing no drops at all. Plus if you set the "catching" portion of your gameplan to conservative it really seems to cut down on the "unrealistic" drops (i.e. wide open).

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
What difficulty are yall setting it too? varsity (lol), all american, or heisman?

Just curious. I've played on all american exclusively and besides some here and there "omg why didn't you catch that now I have to punt because of your rock hands @$$ passes" I've done fairly decent, especially for a 65-70% pass offense.

Basically what I'm saying is that there has been some way weird passes dropped, int'd, or over thrown, but all in all its not to bad IMO.

kmccoy1

Scout Team
Jul 17, 2003
Alpharetta, GA
What difficulty are yall setting it too? varsity (lol), all american, or heisman?

Just curious. I've played on all american exclusively and besides some here and there "omg why didn't you catch that now I have to punt because of your rock hands @$$ passes" I've done fairly decent, especially for a 65-70% pass offense.

Basically what I'm saying is that there has been some way weird passes dropped, int'd, or over thrown, but all in all its not to bad IMO.
I'm on All-American too. The main problem that I'm having is that the defensive backs seem to stick to my receivers like glue. Occassionally I'll be able to find an uncovered man (like when I run a spread shotgun formation into an all-out blitz), and once in awhile Julio will jump over his man and bring in a big play, but in general, if the computer is in man-to-man coverage, there's not much I can do. I have the most success throwing short dump passes to Ingram before his man can get to him. Of course, I'm undefeated through two seasons, but that's mainly because our running game is unstoppable in this years game!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
DJ Fluker was getting McElroy and McCarron killed:biggrin: I like it though, more of a challenge keeps it fun. I initially went 28-0 with 2 NC's, then tried to go to a spread option offense with a new QB I recruited and quickly went back:eek:

I've found more play action helps for me to throw the ball.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I've had success with play action passes, although JC gets me killed and he is supposed to be one of the best.
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.