Entre: Israeli Couscous with Saffron, Olives and Spring Vegetables

I

It's On A Slab

Prepare couscous according to directions. Set aside.
Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add fennel, leek and garlic, cook 3 to 5 mins. until lightly browned.
Stir in wine and cook 1 minute.
Add peas, and let wine reduce 1 minute more. Add broth, couscous, tomatoes, and saffron. Season with salt and pepper.
Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in arugula and remove from heat.
Spoon into bowl, then top with olives, olive oil and basil garnish.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
We had cous cous last night made with sun dried tomato, basil, onion & peppers it was a side dish for my meatloaf, the other side dish was black beans.

I

It's On A Slab

We had cous cous last night made with sun dried tomato, basil, onion & peppers it was a side dish for my meatloaf, the other side dish was black beans.
Did you use the Israeli (aka "pearl") couscous? It has a really buttery rich taste.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Did you use the Israeli (aka "pearl") couscous? It has a really buttery rich taste.
No we used the Mediterranean cous cous that looks like broken rice. I am making it again tomorrow with link sausages, sundried tomatoes, roasted peppers, fresh olives and white beans. It makes a decent one pot meal much like paella. I do like the looks of the Israeli couscous and will be on the lookout for it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.