Drink: Weight Loss

EASY 1,2,3. Drink only filtered water. Eat three times daily and that is how I lost 73 pounds and still losing. I still eat all my favorite foods and this isn't a diet. Seafood Grill Mix is my favorite food. Breakfast Burritos and Hot and Sour Soup. May 2009 began losing weight just by giving up the Soda's.

Started at 323 Currently 250 and losing.
Height 6'3.5"

Last edited:

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I stopped drinking sodas except for the rare occasion about 4 years ago and don't miss them. I drink more tea and water now. I make flavored water and have posted several recipes for them before.

Mix any syrupy liquor 1 part to 10 parts water.

slice cucumber, add parsley and a pinch of salt for a nice more green tasting refreshment.

sliced cucumber, rosemary

macerate strawberries, blueberries, peaches, sliced orange, lemon or lime for fruity flavored water.

lemon grass and ginger, cucumber is good in this too.

a tiny bit of sea salt and wine vinegar is good, you have to play around with this to find your tolerance.

Last edited:

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I usually flavor my water with Woodford or Bulleit. Esp during the fall.....

Last edited:

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
I have preferred drinking water over just about any other beverage my entire life. Now, don't get me wrong. There was a time in my life when an ice cold Coca-Cola over crushed ice just couldn't be beaten, but I gave up all carbonated beverages two years ago and I haven't missed them. On a rare occasion I will have a hankerin' for Coke in a glass bottle with a small bag of salted peanuts dumped in it....but it passes.

Water. It does a body good.

I have preferred drinking water over just about any other beverage my entire life. Now, don't get me wrong. There was a time in my life when an ice cold Coca-Cola over crushed ice just couldn't be beaten, but I gave up all carbonated beverages two years ago and I haven't missed them. On a rare occasion I will have a hankering' for Coke in a glass bottle with a small bag of salted peanuts dumped in it....but it passes.

Water. It does a body good.
I like the way you think. I love water more than anything. The colder the better. I too every now and then drink a Coke over crushed ice. I give myself a second chance to control my life and I chose water. I now have lost 75 pounds and feel great. I am 6' 3.5" and 248 pounds from 323 pounds. My doctor just about passed out when I made a visit 8 months after my last visit. My doctor did not believe me so he ask my wife what I had done to lose all the weight. She put him straight. Water is the reason I am healthy now. Water the Essence of Life.:)

My wife has just the opposite problem. She is only 102 pounds and needs to put on 20 lbs. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
My wife has just the opposite problem. She is only 102 pounds and needs to put on 20 lbs. Any suggestions?
Like most petite women, she probably doesn't have a very big appetite, right? If that's the case, I'd recommend she supplement her regular diet with high protein milkshakes. Something along the lines of SlimFast, Ensure or the like, or she can buy protein powders and create her own smoothies at home by mixing them with milk, yogurt or even ice cream and fruit. She may have to try several different powders to find the one that's just right for her, but once she finds a brand to her liking it will be much easier for her to supplement her diet.

I prefer Lean Dessert protein powders. Here's a link:
GNC - Search Results

Like most petite women, she probably doesn't have a very big appetite, right? If that's the case, I'd recommend she supplement her regular diet with high protein milkshakes. Something along the lines of SlimFast, Ensure or the like, or she can buy protein powders and create her own smoothies at home by mixing them with milk, yogurt or even ice cream and fruit. She may have to try several different powders to find the one that's just right for her, but once she finds a brand to her liking it will be much easier for her to supplement her diet.

I prefer Lean Dessert protein powders. Here's a link:
GNC - Search Results
The Irish Lady my wife thanks you. We have tried the traditional eat something approach and of course it did not work. She can not eat much at all. Again thanks and we plan on having her up by 10 pounds next month. At least that is our goal. :BigA:

P.S.

She is planning on hitting the proteins.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.