PS3 glitch or just me?

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I really dont do this unless the game makes me mad, but more times than not when the opposing team kicks a PAT or FG if I get in the 3-4 and do nothing the Kicker will shank the kick. Is it me or is this happening to others? Like I said it wont do it EVERY time, but I'd say 60-70% of the time it does.

afadam07

1st Team
Aug 21, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
that hasn't happened to me, but my buddy chris was playing mine the other day and he scored a touchdown, kicked the xp, and then the other team kicked the ball to him. they kicked an onside kick and recovered it. then later in the game, he punted the ball (called a fair catch on their 35ish), the opposing team got called for holding and they spotted the ball on his 20 yard line.

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I've had the dreaded non-handoff glitch happen where the QB is supposed to hand off but he doesnt and just stands there waiting with the ball in his hands waiting to get creamed. Boy talk about throwing out some cuss words!

afadam07

1st Team
Aug 21, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
I've had the dreaded non-handoff glitch happen where the QB is supposed to hand off but he doesnt and just stands there waiting with the ball in his hands waiting to get creamed. Boy talk about throwing out some cuss words!
ROTFL! i had one of those where instead of stopping he ran all the way back. he was about to get a safety when i finally got him to throw the ball away.... i stopped doing so many play action passes. lol

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
yeah. it's kinda weird. i still think it's a pretty good game even with the weird glitches. lol
I think of it like an Easter Egg.

The other night I threw a catch-and-run TD to Marquis Maze, and as he was crossing the goal line, he disappeared. The broadcast cam jumped away, and showed him standing out in open field somewhere with no one around him, while the ball flopped around in his hand. A second later, he appeared in the end zone again, and the TD celebration animations started.

afadam07

1st Team
Aug 21, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
I think of it like an Easter Egg.

The other night I threw a catch-and-run TD to Marquis Maze, and as he was crossing the goal line, he disappeared. The broadcast cam jumped away, and showed him standing out in open field somewhere with no one around him, while the ball flopped around in his hand. A second later, he appeared in the end zone again, and the TD celebration animations started.
NICE! i guess it has a few more flaws than the previous years. i guess that should be expected with a complete reboot pretty much.

CBag4Bama

1st Team
Sep 22, 2002
Birmingham, AL
When I played Florida Brantley faked the handoff (play action) and took the ball 65 yards (75 if you count the end zone) for a safety. I laughed until it happened to me a couple days later. I was hitting every button I could to get him to throw the ball.

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
Everytime the computer gets the dreaded PA "run-backwards" I kick on the jets of the DT to try and get that -50yd sack. I think I've only got it once. The QB usually gets the pass off and sometimes completes it, talk about getting PO'd....

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
The game has gone back to its roots, shotgun, run backwards and throw it deep. My son kills me with it. Also use the I formation, it is unstoppable.
Posted via Mobile Device

bamabound91

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 10, 2008
Huntsville, Ala
ROTFL! i had one of those where instead of stopping he ran all the way back. he was about to get a safety when i finally got him to throw the ball away.... i stopped doing so many play action passes. lol
yr lucky, i called the PA vs Duke and Mcelroy got creamed in the end zone. course i was at the 50 when he decided to visit his GF in the stands.

CrimsonPharmboy

3rd Team
Sep 5, 2007
Dothan, Alabama
Has anyone had a glitch when kicking PAT's? I have had the camera shift to a punt kick off style 2 or 3 times instead of showing the kicker lined up. It hasn't made me miss but it is annoying to not be able to see where you are kicking!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I had one last week when I was in practice mode. I audibled to a different play, and my receivers on the right side went up field about 20 yards before the ball was snapped.

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
Has anyone had a glitch when kicking PAT's? I have had the camera shift to a punt kick off style 2 or 3 times instead of showing the kicker lined up. It hasn't made me miss but it is annoying to not be able to see where you are kicking!
I used to get this a lot when kicking PATs. Either the camera looks like its on the opposite 40 or shifts to the left or the right. Thats never made me miss either. Also, when punting, I've had the punter not show up along with the direction arrow, but the power meter is still there. I have to call a time out and re-call the play to fix it...

And then I have a question for yall. Are yall still having the PA issues? I thought there was an update that fixed it a couple weeks back. I haven't seen it happen (to me or anyone else, computer included) for a while.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I had a new one the other night that HIGHLY ticked me off. I was playing a side dynasty with Navy and I was playing someone I forget who it was. Well they fumbled (this was the START of the 2nd half, 5:00 quarters) and nobody could pick the ball up. Everyone just huddled around like rugby and couldnt pick it up. I tried everything from diving to pushing guys out of the way and nothing worked. I was winning so I said screw it if it stayed like this time would run out and I'd win.

Dumb decision.

After the clock hit all zero's in the 2nd half we were STILL trying to get ahold of the ball. I had to just quit the game altogether. I promise you I spent over 30 minutes trying to catch this greased pig and never did. Anyone else have this happen to you?

Are there any patches out there for the game yet? I dont check the EA boards and stuff so I'm dumb when it comes to that. I never play online anymore and just do offline dynasties.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.