potato salad
chocolate chip cookies

And plenty of beer

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Do you use the computerized fan and probes
Know someone who swears by these. He has a primo grill not an egg, but basically the same thing. Says he lights the coals friday night. Throws a butt on and when he gets up Sat morning he has tailgating goodness ready to go.

Put a dry rub on my boston butts at work today around 2...just popped them in the oven...195 degrees for about 12 hours...should be perfect to pull the pork around 10 am

Breakfast of Sausage Gravy and Biscuits will be ready at 8 for Gameday :)

Will cook the other stuff after lunch

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
Smoked a butt overnight last night. I will be removing it around 8am. Man, I walked outside a few minutes ago and it smelled of football season. Low humidity, butt and hickory in the air. Man, I am so happy the season is starting.

The only thing bad about today is we are one day closer to the season being over.

ddsmit

Suspended
Jan 3, 2003
Pensacola, FL
Know someone who swears by these. He has a primo grill not an egg, but basically the same thing. Says he lights the coals friday night. Throws a butt on and when he gets up Sat morning he has tailgating goodness ready to go.
I have a BGE and do the same thing. If it gets done too soon (I like my pulled pork @ 200 degrees) I wrap the butt in heavy duty foil, put a towel in the bottom of a small ice chest put the meat on the towel and cover it with more towels close the lid and it will stay hot for half a day.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
I am doing Rich's recipes for the opener and throughout the entire season. I think it will be nice to take his advice and create something different each week. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.