Gameday Menu

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Anyone doing anything special for Gameday? I plan on doing fix ahead or quick fix things that don't take me away from the TV for long.

Breakfast - eggs, sausage patties, grits, biscuit, diced fruit, hot tea

The Rest of the Day -

Fried meat pies - make ahead fry when you want one
cold boiled shrimp - make ahead
cold pasta salad - make ahead
hot wings - make ahead, warm in oven
cheese & crackers & apple
buttermilk pie - made ahead

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
BT - What does your fried pies consist of?
Make pie crusts and cut into rounds about 5". A saucer is a good template.

1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground sausage
1 medium onion small dice
1/2 bell pepper small dice
1 clove garlic minced
cajun seasoning
1 tbsp flour

saute the onion, bell pepper and garlic in 1 tbsp oill, add the flour and cook till you have a nut brown roux, add the ground beef and sausage, season meat and cook till no longer pink inside 12min or so, drain off extra fat and let cool to room temp.

EDIT Either pulse the cooked meat in a food processor or use an electric mixer to break up the meat giving it a finer texture, the pies will hold together much better. Do not pulse the mushrooms if you are using them.

put a heaping tablespoon or more in the center of the pie crust then fold in half, the first one will show you how much filling to put in each pie, dip finger in bowl of water to seal the pie crusts then use a fork to finish crimping the edges, I use a toothpick to poke 3 holes in top to vent the pie.

deep fry pies in small batches in 375F oil till golden brown 3-4 min then drain on paper towels.

this recipe makes 12 or more meat pies.

you can add a carton of mushrooms chopped small and cooked with the meat to extend the recipe to make about 15-18 pies.

Last edited:
I am making a bacon explosion for the first game. never tried it before.

Take 24 pieces of thick cut Conecuh Bacon and make them into a weave.
Pound out 2 lbs of italian sausage and place this on top of the weave.
Fry 9 pieces of bacon and crumble them in the middle. Place 4 pieces of pepper jack cheese on top.

Roll this into a log, smoke it for 8 hours, cover in bbq sauce. Cut in pieces and serve with homemade biscuits.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I am making a bacon explosion for the first game. never tried it before.

Take 24 pieces of thick cut Conecuh Bacon and make them into a weave.
Pound out 2 lbs of italian sausage and place this on top of the weave.
Fry 9 pieces of bacon and crumble them in the middle. Place 4 pieces of pepper jack cheese on top.

Roll this into a log, smoke it for 8 hours, cover in bbq sauce. Cut in pieces and serve with homemade biscuits.

Raw

Cooked

I guess the diet is history ;)

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
bayou, yeah those pics are from the website that i discovered this modern day creation.....and yes, the diet is history :)...now its time to enjoy putting back on those 25 lbs lol

In one meal? No kidding I would like to make one of those bad boys just once. :) I have some relatives with heart problems I would love to feed it to.

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
In one meal? No kidding I would like to make one of those bad boys just once. :) I have some relatives with heart problems I would love to feed it to.
Thanks for the laugh.
I remember posting that back in the day but I couldn't get enough people interested in eating with me. They all said the valued their heart and life, go figure :).Oh well, maybe this fall I just cook one during one of the get togethers during a game and watch 'em all fall like flies. :)

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
With the first game being a West Coast team I plan on having BBQ Tri Tip. Can't go wrong with this cut of meat cooked at about 128.
Do you use the computerized fan and probes for the Egg?

LINK

I swear this thing was hard as Chinese Arithmetic to learn how to operate but once you get the hang of it it does just about everything for you but add charcoal and baste the meat. It does look a little bit like a school science project when all set up.

I have my menu set for Game 1...

Bacon Explosion as previously posted (a bit of an experiment :))

Boston Butt slow cooked all nite

BBQ Cups (Cheeseburger Cupcakes if you will)

Pigs in a blanket

Rotel dip N Chips

Texas Caviar

Smashed Potatoes

Conecuh Sausage

wow thats a lot of pork when I type it up like that haha...I cant wait. Vacation starts for me that day as well :)

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I'm adding one more thing BBQ meatballs.

1 lb ground beef
1/2 lb ground pork sausage
1 bottle BBQ sauce
1 small jar grape jelly
crushed red pepper flakes (optional)

Mix meats together, roll into balls no bigger than ping pong balls (bite size), fry till nicely browned. Mix BBQ sauce and grape jelly (have used apple but the grape is better IMO) in a crock pot. Mix in the meatballs and let them cook on low till heated through, takes about an hour.

I have got to get around to making those cheeseburger cups :)

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
I have finalized my game menu. My brothers, an uncle and their family's are coming over. Hopefully, it will not rain so the kids can enjoy the inflatible water slide while the adults watch the games all day.

BBQ nachos

Pigs in a blanket made with Conecuh Sausage

Rotel cheesedip N Chips

Atomic Buffalo Turds

Chick Fil A chicken nuggets for the kids

Veggie Tray

For dessert

Sawdust Pie-- will post the recipe later

Variety of cookies

Kid and adult beverages

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.