Going back to NCAA 2010

ElkhartTider

All-American
Jan 13, 2005
Elkhart, Indiana
I absolutely hate recruiting on 2011. My copy of 2011 will be swapped at my local gamestop for something else.
Gotta admit I'm not to fond of recruiting on 2011 myself.. it's impossible on the Heisman skill level and still very hard on the Freshmen recruiting setting...
Posted via Mobile Device

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
It's definitely more challenging (and downright frustrating at times) but not enough for me to go back to '10, not even close.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
My experience has been the exact opposite. I have never been that good at recruiting in past years of NCAA but, so far, I've been pretty successful in NCAA 11. Are you guys using Alabama as your team? Now I'm only at the week of the Miss. St. game of my 1st season but, I currently have the #1 recruiting class. At this point, I've signed 2 five star, 11 four star, and 3 three star guys. I'm only playing on Varsity so maybe that has something to do with it.

Not sure if it is a good strategy or not but, one thing I do is I offer every single guy on my board a scholarship during the first week of the season. I even had one guy commit right when I made the scholarship offer, I got something like 1500 points for him when the offer was made. I also hardly ever use the pitch option that "unlocks" the interest level because the first pitch option always generates more points, even on the "low" interest category.

Maybe I've just been lucky but, I've always sucked at recruiting in years past, so much so that I would end up just sim’ing the whole recruiting process. This year though, I've had more success and am actually enjoying the recruiting for a change.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I haven't tried difficult settings in recruiting yet, but I have decent success on Freshman. My first season, I spread myself thin and wound up with a top 10 class. My second season, I had the #1 class.

I would recommend focusing on around 15 recruits, and giving them plenty of love. You should be able to keep them happy with the time allotted. Unless your class is almost done, and you have time to waste, don't bother with kids who are down to their "Top 3" and you are #5. Schedule visits as early as possible, and try to schedule them for a rivalry weekend. Try to have Most or Very High in three aspects in which your team scores A or better.

The thing I like the most about the new recruiting, is that it seems like recruits will always respond to attention, as opposed to sometimes being completely intractable in some previous versions (not sure which ones in particular). Also, you can see where you stand in real numbers, rather than just rank order. On XBox360, press Y, then RB until you see how far behind (or ahead) you are. This will help you decide how much time to spend with a recruit. If you are way ahead and they are soft commits for you, you can get away with giving them only 10-20 mins. If you're 400 behind, and your visit is coming up, I would spend all 60 mins, saving promises for when an unfavorable aspect comes up, rather than making a pitch for something of Low importance.

I also hardly ever use the pitch option that "unlocks" the interest level because the first pitch option always generates more points, even on the "low" interest category.
I use this whenever possible, to know whether I should bother pitching it in the future, or change to another pitch. Also, it helps to have pitches unlocked when scheduling activities for visits.

Last edited:

Rattlehead82

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Pace, FL
I agree with cbi1972's advice.

In addition, after the first 2 weeks of recruiting, try going back and doing a search for recruits that still have 10 schools remaining. You can sometimes find 4 star players that have no offers.

I'd also recommend targeting players that already have you high up on their lists. Makes it easier to get ahead.

RollTideinGA

All-SEC
Jun 25, 2002
GA
I dont get that involved with t to be that serious. I play a season and maybe a dynasty here and there. I mainly play now or XBox Live. I try to play every rivalry game to get all the trophies. Maybe some day I'll have time to recruit and stuff. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.