ADMIN NOTE: ALL POSTERS READ: Profanity on this message board

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: Profanity on this message board

Reminder - we have a zero tolerance policy for profanity here, and that includes using symbols in place of letters, etc. Use other words to describe your feelings or don't post - repeat violators will face suspension.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
We are keeping the football forum as a family oriented message board therefore we have banned profanity in any thread. It goes on to include profanity in any link you might want to post. Disclaimers or warnings that profanity is included is not allowed. What do we consider profanity? Pretty much everything George Carlin said you can't say on public TV. We don't even want any of the creative misspellings of certain words. Swear words such as Damn we should have scored on that drive or that was one Hell of a team we played this week is not a problem. We use a profanity filter which catches most words but if we see someone who keeps getting **** or ***** in their posts we may have to have a meeting with you. Let's keep it clean, keep it classy and remember some of the members here let their 10 year old daughters read this forum.

Carry on. RTR
Still keeping us in line for over 10 years now Chef-In-Chief...

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Just curious, but what does the filter do? Delete the word or delete the entire post? Here is an idea: change the avatar to an Aubie ;)
An Aubie Avatar would have my attention.
I try hard to watch hard what I say... but 30+ years as a Police Officer make it difficult.
Somethings would be more colorful said by Carlin... ;)

I'm grateful our forum isn't like TIGER DROPPINGS.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

Thank you for the reminder. This is one of the reasons I was attracted to Tidefans and have continued being a member all these years. Other sites allow expletives every other word and it detracts from the message. I'm no prude and have been known to drop such a word under duress. However, Tidefans is a fabulous fan site and tremendously informative about all things Bama without the expletives. My father always told me that a person who uses expletives generaly has a poor vocabulary and can't get their point across otherwise.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

TTT

We're in zero tolerance mode for this, so if you're lucky, we'll just delete your post. If we're in a mood, you'll get suspended - especially if you've been here a long time and know the rules.

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers

Every time I see one of these threads it makes me miss Bayou! I loved to PM him and listen to his insight on subjects spanning a wide variety of topics.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
People, last / only warning - from now on if you post profanity (even using characters such as $ or *) you will be suspended. If you post videos or links to other site which contain profanity, you will be suspended. No exceptions, I'm tired of policing this basic rule we've literally had in place for decades.

This is an original policy here at TF.com, one you agreed to when you joined, and it's non-negotiable.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I will add: Cute transpositions of phonetics -- ESPECIALLY those that you think might get you around an f-bomb -- will not get you off the hook.

I just had to delete one of those (by a long-time and valued poster), and am also getting tired of playing schoolmarm.

Next time, whether the poster uses the actual profane word, a symbol (e.g., $ for 's', or any of several other similar substitutions), or an alternative spelling that gets past the automated filter, or a cute transposition of phonetics, it's a week's vacation.

Doesn't matter what your join date is or how many posts you have. A week. Minimum. Depending on the word(s) and the overall circumstances, it might be longer.

As CA said, this has been TF policy from Day 1, and isn't negotiable.

If you don't like it, and simply can't talk football without profanity, there are plenty of boards out there just for you.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I've just suspended another poster who seemed to think that saying "sorry for the language in this link..." as if that somehow excuses it.

ZERO TOLERANCE. If you have a question, default to not posting it unless you want a vacation.

I have zero tolerance for this behavior. You have been warned multiple times. Love it or leave.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.