ADMIN NOTE: ALL POSTERS READ: Profanity on this message board

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Re: Profanity on this message board

jeremy said:
censoring freedom of speech. its pretty lame.
This is not a public site. Not publicly owned or run. It is privately owned and run by those of the owner's choice. Every member here abides by a given set of rules that are made known up front, and by which they must agree prior to becoming a member.
Don't like it? Go elsewhere.

summus78

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 25, 2006

I rarely ever post, but this is by far the greatest Alabama forum because these rules (profanity and others) are enforced. Most other sites are like the Wild west....

Gibson09

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 5, 2010

Guess I should of read this all the way through and even understood that asterisks counted. I apologize.

Eshad

3rd Team
Jun 20, 2007

One of the main reasons I love this site. Thanks for all that you admins do!

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
I suspended someone today for posting two links to articles riddled with profanity, both in the article and in the comments below the article. That was over on Non-Sports, but same rule applies here:

Read the whole article and comments before you post it here!

lynyrd skynyrd

All-American
Apr 8, 2004
Jacksonville, Florida USA

Glad it wasn't me...I tend to get get mad at times and say things in the heat of the moment...Folks, these Mods and Admins are the best in the country. Before you post do what I learned the hard way. Take a deep breath and ask yourself, "is it really worth being suspended or banded for a moment of disagreement or anger?"

Last edited:

rtcjny

All-SEC
Jan 27, 2011
Hartselle ,AL

I wish our mods would censor a lot of tv shows. It would make it much easier to watch when my twin 3 year old daughters are in the room.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

Glad it wasn't me...I tend to get get mad at times and say things in the heat of the moment...Folks, these Mods and Admins are the best in the country. Before you post do what I learned the hard way. Take a deep breath and ask yourself, "is it really worth being suspended or banded for a moment of disagreement or anger?"
I've found (once, the hard way) that there are certain times to NOT post on this site. One is when you've "had a few too many", and another is when you're upset about other matters at home or work. It's easy to transfer your anger at an external situation into a harsh statement on an internet thread, especially if that thread concerns a matter that strikes 'close to home'.
Sometimes, it's just best to just keep your thoughts and feelings to yourself. Remember: The "cancel" button can be your friend. :biggrin2:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Is the no profanity rule the reason everybody refuses to type out the proper name of the school that we play the last game of the season?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.