Question: What do you typically cook on gameday while tailgating, watching at home?

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Hey Scout Team!!

If I'm not at the game, and I'm at home in Ocean Springs, Ms, I call an have overnighted "Leo and Susie's World Famous Green Top Barbeque" from the Walker County-Jefferson County line in North Alabama.

It's THE best in the world. And it's what I grew up with, being raised in Jasper, Alabama.

Anybody from Walker or Jefferson County probably knows what I'm talking about.

And I'll tell you a funny story.

The Green Top wasn't licensed to sell liquor drinks back then...and may still not be....lol

Although I truly think they are now.

But back in the 70's you could come in the back door and get a Bourbon and Coke...on your way to a game at Legion Field in Birmingham.

They put it in a 16 ounce red plastic cup.

The ingredients were simple...ten ounces of Bourbon....splash of coke...lol

$4.00.

By the time you arrived in Nashville you figured out...."Oh my God....we missed the turn off"!!

But you laughed about it all the way back to Legion Field, and somehow, you made the kick off :)

sip

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
We usually grill chicken, steak, pork chops or whatever. When it gets colder, we do chili, taco soup, etc. Check out the grillin and chillin recipes forum.

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
Hey Scout Team!!

If I'm not at the game, and I'm at home in Ocean Springs, Ms, I call an have overnighted "Leo and Susie's World Famous Green Top Barbeque" from the Walker County-Jefferson County line in North Alabama.

It's THE best in the world. And it's what I grew up with, being raised in Jasper, Alabama.

Anybody from Walker or Jefferson County probably knows what I'm talking about.

sip
I'll second that statement. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.