Game Thread: ***OFFICIAL Alabama vs Penn St Post game Thread***

Eshad

3rd Team
Jun 20, 2007
Penn St. defense played hard to the end. I'm used to our OL having their way in the 4Q, but not as much tonight. I'll be glad to have Dareus back next week to help with the pass rush.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Penn State played a disciplined, clean game. It's nice to see two quality, respected programs go at it head to head. Good game PSU.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Fun first half, pretty boring second half. Kinda glad it was boring though, meant the game was well in hand. Looking forward to injury updates.

bnhonest

All-SEC
May 28, 2003
Vestavia Hills, Al, USA
Great win! A few thoughts I take away...

We are awesome.
Defense still has some work to do. Not looking at the stat sheet, it seems like we let PSU work pretty good between the 20's.
I hope Carpenter isnt hurt bad. Concerned me to see him walking into the locker room.
Coach Saban's media relations coaches pay off. Trent Richardson's interview after the game was pretty good!
I still dont see anybody on our schedule who can beat us unless we beat ourselves.
We are awesome!

RTR!

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
That is the perfect way to put it!! They were scrappy and I can't help but give them a shout out! Good job!

Proud of the fans, and Proud of the players.

Dartigan

All-SEC
Sep 20, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Good game, guys! Proud of everyone and happy for Trent. As good as Mark is, I still think Trent may eclipse him before all is said and done.

It's a pleasure to watch these boys play. Much better than going to a game in the rain to get beat by Northern Illinois.

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
Good (not great) game by us and props to PSU for playing tough. They are going to be a handful before the season is over. We played well on offense in spurts but it will be to our advantage when MI returns. Defensively, our pursuit and tackling has to get better or it will hurt us down the road. Overall, pleased with where we are after 2 games. I bet there will be many teachable moments in the film room in the coming week.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
Here are some quick thoughts from the recliner :)

CNS can't be pleased with the tackling on defense tonight. Lots of things to work on... too many dumb penalties. Offense showed signs of greatness. Julio needs to stop dropping the easy ones :) What can you say about Trent except we haven't lost a beat with MI out (except the backs getting some rest/alternating). McElroy has emerged as a true field general (notice how hacked he was when Hanks didn't turn upfield and ended up short on that 3rd down play?) #65 (Warmack) 3 penalties in the first half I believe.

Glad to see the "good hands" team come up with the ball on the onside kick. KO coverage looks much better this year.

RTR

A win is a win be we have work to do on defense for sure. We could've easily scored in the 38/41 range. Hopefully the D will continue to get better.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Great win! A few thoughts I take away...

We are awesome.
Defense still has some work to do. Not looking at the stat sheet, it seems like we let PSU work pretty good between the 20's.
I hope Carpenter isnt hurt bad. Concerned me to see him walking into the locker room.
Coach Saban's media relations coaches pay off. Trent Richardson's interview after the game was pretty good!
I still dont see anybody on our schedule who can beat us unless we beat ourselves.
We are awesome!

RTR!
At least he was walking.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
My final thoughts on the game:

1. At this point, we're just winning on having more talent. Gotta eliminate the mistakes if we're going to repeat.

2. We're the only team in the country that can beat you from pillar to post and still make it look like you put up a good effort. The 24-3 score is actually probably 40-3

Eshad

3rd Team
Jun 20, 2007
Bad Pony;1380976 We could've easily scored in the 38/41 range. Hopefully the D will continue to get better.[/QUOTE said:
Not so sure about this one. I was a wee bit disappointed we couldn't at least put up 30+.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Penn State always gives it their all there for the full 60 minutes. Too many teams have lost to them in the final minutes. This is what CNS was hammering into them at halftime.
It was a good clean game. It turned out pretty much like I expected, just lower scoring.
Roll Tide ! :BigA:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.