2 jalepenos chopped fine
1 serrano pepper chopped fine
tblsp finely chopped cilanto
2 tsp cumin
ground cayenne pepper to taste
salt to taste
half of a large white onion diced
2 cups heavy cream

I sauteed the onion and the peppers in some butter till soft..
I used on of those small dip crockpots and mixed all the above ingredients together and let it melt

I cooked a pork shoulder in the crock pot.. chopped and shredded it and mixed it up with some sweet baby ray's bbq sauce.

Put some cheese over tortillas chips.. add the pulled pork.. a little more cheese and some jalepenos from a jar...

Voila. Not bad in NY... :)

BAMAFAN IN NY

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2007
Watertown, NY
www.myspace.com
Its actually really good as a dip... In fact i usually make it just to dip chips in, but i thought i would try it out on some nachos... Really good either way. I had it at my favorite mexican restaurant, and approximated the recipe.. It took me a few tries to think to use american cheese.. but it gives it a nice texture and flavor

Last edited:

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
My cheese dip is creamy and thicker than the queso dip you get at Mexican places.

My recipe consists of:

Brown 1 lb Italian Sausage- drain grease; set aside in bowl.

Turn crockpot to low.

2 lb block of Velvetta cheese. Cut cheese up in cubes. Place in crockpot.

Put 2 cans of Diced tomatoes and green chiles in crockpot, (drain one can and pour contents of other to add some moisture to the cheese dip)

Add one can of cream of chicken or mushroom. I like chicken the best.

Add one 8oz block of cream cheese.

Add one can of fiesta nacho cheese soup.

Add the Italian sausage to the top of the mixture and put lid on crockpot.

Cook on low 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. Stir after an hour to mix everything.

To finish with the BBQ Nachos.Place chips on plate; spoon cheese dip and sausage very liberally on chips; top with pulled pork. Top it off with some bbq sauce. I like Jim N Nicks Habenero BBQ Sauce. Place sliced Jalapenos on top.

Everyone who comes to my house raves about the dip. Hamburger meat is sort of bland so if you use it cook it with taco seasoning.

Last edited:

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I use half and half to thin my cheese dip and also use Velveeta cheese and Rotel tomatoes. Classic Rotel dip. When I add meat I usually go for some kind of hot breakfast sausage or spice up some ground beef. The meat has to be drained completely or it really messes up the dip and any saute'd onions need to be cooked soft.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Man those look good. Might that be the first time BBQ nachos have been served north of the Mason-Dixon? ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.