Florida Menu

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Dont ever put a cold pizza stone on a hot egg, it might break apart. Light the charcoal and put thes stone on.
Good advice same goes for using the stone indoors in the oven let the stone heat up with the device. We had BGE pizza a few days ago with italian sausage, mushroom, green and black olives, onion, jalapeno peppers, sliced tomato, garlic and cheese smoked with apple wood.

BGE says never use pizza stone made by Pampered Chef on a BGE they will explode.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Matt thanks for adding the dipping sauce I have been looking for an excuse to try that sauce thickened with corn starch and use it for sweet & sour maybe add some bell pepper and pineapple chunks.

Got my cupcakes made for tomorrow and finished the tarter sauce. Everything should go fast with minimum kitchen time.

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
Hey bamagoose,
I just got me an egg. I was wondering when you use it for smoking, do you add any type of wood or chips or anything for flavor. Or just use lump charcoal?

I too have a habit of taking shots of Crown after scores.... This past weekend's game had me so nervous I was taking them everytime something good happened in the second half. Well, needless to say I believe I had too many :eek:. I'll be sure to keep it to just scores from here on out, ha.
Congrats on the BGE! The best gift my wife ever got me.

I use a mixture of apple and hickory when I smoke anything. Hickory is good by itself but my wife says it overhelms sometimes. I love it though. I do like the mixture of apple and hickory because it has to right combination. The apple seems to make it a little sweeter taste especially with chicken.

I am bringing my Boston Buttto room temp now. I decided to go with 2 of the 4lb butts to decrease the smoke time. If I smoked a 8lb it would take about 12 hrs but by splitting the butt in half it will only take me 6 to 7 hrs. I tend to cook mine a little more than 1hr 1/2 per pound. I get my butt or shoulder up to 195 degrees before I take it off. I then wrap it in tin foil and let it sit at room temp for an hr before I pull it.

I will put the butt on about 9am and take off around 4pm.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.