Other: Iceberg lettuce with warm bacon dressing

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Place one wedge on salad plate.
Top with dressing.
Spoon warm bacon and a little of the pan drippings onto the lettuce.
Garnish with red onion.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com

There is another version of the dressing.
4 slices bacon fried crisp and removed from pan
Add 2 tbsp brown sugar & 1/3 cup red wine vinegar. Stir into the bacon drippings till the sugar is all melted.
Season lettuce with salt and pepper, add 1 boiled egg chopped or sliced to the dressing with the chopped reserved bacon. red onion and spoon over the lettuce. This is really good over baby spinach leaves but also good over micro greens and other lettuces for a wilted lettuce type of salad. Garnish with a sliced tomato or two.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I love lettuce wedge salads.. I like that crunch.. A lot of people dont though
Me too. Most of the time I chill the lettuce and bottle dressing. I like the coolness in my mouth since I live mostly in the tropics and sub tropics. I like Iceberg lettuce wedge topped with bottled 1000 Island, Blue Cheese, Buttermilk Ranch or plain old Kraft French dressing. I do like some red onion rings and a couple of slices of tomato on the plate too. A lot of people like bacon bits on their salad, I'm not one of them, I can take them or leave them and usually leave them. I still love my bacon and bacon drippings.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
After seeing this I'm hungry. I will pick up the items next time I grocery shop and try this out.

Thanks.
Serving this salad with everything but the dressing well chilled is important to me. When using bottled or other dressing all should be chilled. Iceberg is a crisp lettuce and it needs to shine.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.