Off week menu

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I get another break this week going to my Daughter's to watch football with my son in law. He is doing Texas BBQ T-bone steaks over mesquite which isn't my favorite smoke but I won't complain, he also sauces the steaks with a hot BBQ sauce that is pretty darned bold and good. No steak sauce needed on this one. Warm potato salad, I like mine cold, corn on the cob cooked on the grill, cowboy beans which I suspect is pinto beans with bbq sauce and some animal parts, cole slaw and pickles. My daughter is an accomplished cake maker and decorator is doing a long horn cake and I am bringing chicken livers wrapped in bacon and some smoked pork boudin. That should give someone some clogged arteries. They don't drink much so I guess we will fill up on sweet tea.

happytidefan

All-SEC
Jul 24, 2008
Columbus, Mississippi
Actually, I don't have a football weekend off. My nephew plays football at Belhaven University in Jackson, MS. When the Tide aren't playing at home you can find me in Jackson. Saturday is senior day and his last football game at home. A bittersweet moment for me, as I've watched Zach since he was six years old play ball....baseball, basketball, football, soccer. Somedays I think I have as much invested in him as I did my own, and consider him one of my own, or at least community property! Our last tailgate...hmmmm. Bittersweet indeed. I'm making HIS favorites, and making extras for him to take home with him post game.

Smoked Beef Brisked (actually my hubby does this).
Homemade MacNCheese
Assorted raw veggies and dips (only because there HAS to be a vegetable).
Jalapeno Cornbread
Sweet Potato Pie(s)/Lemon Ice Box Pie(s)
Redneck Turtles

This is one of the ways I will thank him for the memories. The check will come in May! GO BLAZERS!

Tidefan7887

Scout Team
Oct 27, 2006
Tuscaloosa, AL
I have been wanting some fried fish since all that talk about it on here a few weeks ago. So, Friday or Saturday night I'm gonna have some fried catfish, french fries, cole slaw, and some hush puppies.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
My steak was well cooked, just right and tender, but I do not like mesquite and asked mine to be shielded as much as possible. I could still taste it but at least it didn't taste like burning tires smell. The warm potato salad was tasty and the cowboy beans were pinto and black beans with some sauce and a ham hock added. They copied my corn on the cob wrapping them in foil with butter, garlic powder, salt and cayenne. They also had Mexican cornbread sticks. Cake was a devils food longhorn cake with butter cream icing and orange decorations. The cake was great I had two pieces. My appetizers were warmed in a 6 qt oval crock pot, tabasco ketchup for the chicken livers and the smoked boudin came from Leonard's food quarters, there was no leftovers. My son and his wife came later and we watched the night games changing channels a lot.

Don't know what my LSU menu will look like. Fried crawfish, jambalaya, chicken & sausage gumbo, angels and devils on horseback, square deviled eggs, potato salad, french bread, rice pudding, crawfish etouffee, shrimp creole, fried boudin balls, crab au gratin, crab cakes, red beans and rice, smothered steak & gravy.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.