NCAA 2004 review for fellow BAMA fans

RollTideinGA

All-SEC
Jun 25, 2002
GA
Great game. I got it last night. A couple of errors with our mighty Tide, but in all a good game. Much imporved over last year.

1. Before the game at Bryant-Denny the crowd chants "ROLLLL.........TIDE........ROLL......TIDE" Slow and methodic kind of like when we actually cheer "ALA......BAMA........ALA..........BAMA" But still sounds cool!
2. On kickoffs the crowd goes "ROLLL TIDE ROLL" It is quicker than it should be, not long and drawn out on the first ROLLLLLLLL but still sounds great.
3. The visiting band and fans are where the BAMA student section is in reality, other than that the stadium is perfect. The teams come running out of the tunnel and you hear "Yea Alabama " start.
4. The game has Nic Luke and Todd Bates on the roster. I changed Nic Luke (at FB) to Greg McLain and changed Greg McLain (at TE) to David Cavan. I changed Todd Bates to Leslie Williams. No adjustment on stats.
5. I added Brandon Avalos.

Overall I was impressed. The playbook seems more like a prostyle ala Shula. The coach looks like Shula rather than Price. I beat Auburn, Tennesse, and Clemson.

The Classic game of the 85 Iron Bowl. The game starts with :57 seconds to go and Bama has the ball on the 20 with 2 timeouts. You have to drive and kick the FG or score a TD. I kicked the FG to win! Only 26 yard not 52 like my man Tiffin.

I played the 61 BAMA vs the 58 LSU and it was awesome. The coach on it is an older gentleman (no hat) that is probably supposed to be BEAR. But they cant make him look too much like him or EA would have to pay Paul Jr. And man was Trammell the man.

The game has 61, 78,79,85, and 92 BAMA on it. I plan to create 64,65,66, and the 73 teams for my own use. They wont look Classic but I want them in the game.

RollTideinGA

All-SEC
Jun 25, 2002
GA
Oh yeah if you select BAMA as your favorite team when you goto "My NCAA" you can review the schools record book. Check out the all time rusher, most completions in a game, sacks in a season. They are all there. And if during your Dynasty you break the record it changes in the book.

UADRUMMER

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 19, 2002
SLIDELL, LA
Thanks for the preview. I can't wait till I get off work and get my copy! I feel bad for Tenn. Awburn and LSWho tonight.

------------------
L.S.Who?
31-0
Tiger Stadium is Bama's House!

Rolling Tide

1st Team
May 29, 2002
A, A
www.crimsonphoto.com
I would agree with you. This game is much improved over last years version. The only think I dont like is the play book. I love to run a lot of shotgun and this play book lacks for shotgun formations. Over all I would give it an A-.

I forgot this on another thread...

The recievers/defensive back animations are a LOT better. When a pass is up, both of them will turn around and look for the pass. The DB's are a lot tougher this year as well. They will really stretch to make a play.

Oh yeah, Alabama's D-Line is vicious at times. I used the Nickel, Green Thunder play, put the linebackers down the middle, and I can get like 5-8 sacks a game.

Rolling Tide

1st Team
May 29, 2002
A, A
www.crimsonphoto.com
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DiamondDust:
I forgot this on another thread...

The recievers/defensive back animations are a LOT better. When a pass is up, both of them will turn around and look for the pass. The DB's are a lot tougher this year as well. They will really stretch to make a play.

Oh yeah, Alabama's D-Line is vicious at times. I used the Nickel, Green Thunder play, put the linebackers down the middle, and I can get like 5-8 sacks a game.
</font>

I havent been doing as well with the sacks so far, but the INT's are coming on strong.

RollTideinGA

All-SEC
Jun 25, 2002
GA
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jaytide:
you may not have gotten there yet, but how is recruiting? </font>

Nahh I havent got that far! Im trying to remember more but Im at work and I wanna go home and play the game to see more.

The pain of being 31 and having to work and living in a kids body! LOL

Rolling Tide

1st Team
May 29, 2002
A, A
www.crimsonphoto.com
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RollTideinGA:

Nahh I havent got that far! Im trying to remember more but Im at work and I wanna go home and play the game to see more.

The pain of being 31 and having to work and living in a kids body! LOL
</font>
Isn't sad that we are 28 and 31 and still play video games like kids......IT IS GREAT!!!!! lol

UADRUMMER

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 19, 2002
SLIDELL, LA
I'm in the same boat as you guys. I'm 28 and today is like Christmas for me. I came into work three hours early just so I could get the game earlier today. I have a 42 year old buddy coming over Thursday to play. Ahhh, the joy of being young at heart.

------------------
L.S.Who?
31-0
Tiger Stadium is Bama's House!

Vertical

All-American
May 15, 2000
New Hampshire
Playing right now. LOVE this game. The player animations this year are so much better. The head-tracking give such a sense of realism.

Just played my first defensive series against S. Florida, and got a pick for a TD on their first 3rd down!

Love it.

The Mid-Field "A" is not there.

Rolling Tide

1st Team
May 29, 2002
A, A
www.crimsonphoto.com
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vertical:
Playing right now. LOVE this game. The player animations this year are so much better. The head-tracking give such a sense of realism.

Just played my first defensive series against S. Florida, and got a pick for a TD on their first 3rd down!

Love it.

The Mid-Field "A" is not there.
</font>
Was it Madison. He picked off for me as well for TD. 78 int for a TD.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.