First Season Complete

Rolling Tide

1st Team
May 29, 2002
A, A
www.crimsonphoto.com
YOur new National Champions are none other then your University of Alabama!!!

Ohio State 21
Alabama 49

Ohio State had a total of 13 yards rushing.

Brodie Broke the school record for the most TD passes.

Madison came on strong at first but
Charlie Peprah set a new record for the most INT's in a single game (5) and for the season (28).

Williams Finshed with 1600 yards rushing.

Oh and I did sim through three game. Southern Miss, Ole Miss and North I. All had losing records when it was time to play them.

[This message has been edited by Rolling Tide (edited July 16, 2003).]

Vertical

All-American
May 15, 2000
New Hampshire
What difficulty level are you playing on?

I've noticed that the amount of interceptions this year is ridiculously high when playing on Varsity. The CPU QB simply tosses the balls right to the DB's, and with the improved AI and catch ability of DB's this year, there seem to be faaaar too many INT's on Varsity.

I'm wondering if improved QB accuracy on AA level would balance that out, or if I'm going to have to play with the sliders.

Rolling Tide

1st Team
May 29, 2002
A, A
www.crimsonphoto.com
I always play the wuss level to start out. Just to get used to the controls. I am playing the varsity level. I just started a new Dynasty and start all over on the hardest level. I will have my work cut out for me now.

Rolling Tide

1st Team
May 29, 2002
A, A
www.crimsonphoto.com
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jaytide:
Has recruiting changed?</font>
Yes. I would say a lot. Still the basic setup, but you have to specify if you are going to pitch school Prestige, Location, Playing Time or Coaches Style.

Also if you have a guy that is leaving early you can try to talk him out of leaveing.

The Tide

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Nashville, TN
Going from Varsity, skipping All American, to Heisman is very deadly. I played Heisman onj last year's version and all I could do is pass.

I started a dynasty this year on All American. I don't get that many interceptions and you are forced to play conservative or it could be a long day. I think I am 6-1. I lost to Oklahoma 12-20. I snuck by Georgia 17-14. I have the worst offense in the nation, BUT I have the #1 defense.

Definately there is some serious increase in AI as you go up in levels. It does suck because Bryant is listed as a Sr and so is Odom. YOu lose your whole DL except for Childress who is pretty damn good and will probably leave.

jaytide

Nov 25, 2002
Moody, Al USA
I played for the first time last night and I thought it was awesome. Ahmad childress had 4 sacks and 8 tackles (total), 5 for loss. Usually when I play I like to run the ball, but on this new game, it makes it kind of difficult even in junior varsity - I guess that's because I am getting used to the game.
I also want to know how you guys are getting so much interceptions. I usually play a man-to-man coverage and vary to cover 2 man. Those who are getting lots of int's, how is your coverage?
Triandos Luke is deadly in this game, too!

Rolling Tide

1st Team
May 29, 2002
A, A
www.crimsonphoto.com
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jaytide:
I played for the first time last night and I thought it was awesome. Ahmad childress had 4 sacks and 8 tackles (total), 5 for loss. Usually when I play I like to run the ball, but on this new game, it makes it kind of difficult even in junior varsity - I guess that's because I am getting used to the game.
I also want to know how you guys are getting so much interceptions. I usually play a man-to-man coverage and vary to cover 2 man. Those who are getting lots of int's, how is your coverage?
Triandos Luke is deadly in this game, too!
</font>
I had a 178 yards rushing with williams in the first game.

Vertical

All-American
May 15, 2000
New Hampshire
When I first bought the game, I just went with default Varsity settings. I was destroying people... I beat S Florida 51-0, I slammed OU, embarrassed Kentucky, and subbed my whole second team in for Northern Illinois and still blew them away...

So then I decided that I had gotten the hang of things, and I shifted up to All-American for the Georgia game.

Oh. My. God. I got destroyed, 3-13. The score makes it look closer than it was. It was ugly. I got picked twice in the endzone, and I couldn't run for beans. Brodie had 189 yards passing, but two INT's.

I then went on to play Southern Miss and shut them out 17-0... I suppose it's fairly realistic, but I still can't run at all. The linebackers are way too fast and I can't get any blocking up front.

I played online as well, and I can't run. I don't know what it is. I also don't like the playbook they gave Bama this year... not really much to work with in the way of runs. It's either a straight up the middle run or a toss to the outside, which is just begging for a tackle for a loss.

I think I need to find a new playbook.

EDIT: Oh, and for all the INT's (I've gotten at least 10 in my season so far), I'm running a lot of cover-2 zone out of nickel. The zone coverages are incredibly well-done (almost TOO well-done)... you'll get a lot of picks running zone.

EDIT 2: Also, don't worry about your offense being ranked last... Mine was too, even playing on Varsity. I think this is because I play on 6 minute quarters, while all of the computer teams play on 15 minute quarters, so the have higher stats for absolutely everything offensively... In turn, you'll always have a better shot and having a higher ranked defense, due to shorter quarters.

I was scoring 40+ points a game with 100% redzone effectiveness, but because I only got around 320 total yards per game, it thinks my offense sucks. It's just a computational flaw.

[This message has been edited by Vertical (edited July 17, 2003).]

Rolling Tide

1st Team
May 29, 2002
A, A
www.crimsonphoto.com
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vertical:
When I first bought the game, I just went with default Varsity settings. I was destroying people... I beat S Florida 51-0, I slammed OU, embarrassed Kentucky, and subbed my whole second team in for Northern Illinois and still blew them away...

So then I decided that I had gotten the hang of things, and I shifted up to All-American for the Georgia game.

Oh. My. God. I got destroyed, 3-13. The score makes it look closer than it was. It was ugly. I got picked twice in the endzone, and I couldn't run for beans. Brodie had 189 yards passing, but two INT's.

I then went on to play Southern Miss and shut them out 17-0... I suppose it's fairly realistic, but I still can't run at all. The linebackers are way too fast and I can't get any blocking up front.

I played online as well, and I can't run. I don't know what it is. I also don't like the playbook they gave Bama this year... not really much to work with in the way of runs. It's either a straight up the middle run or a toss to the outside, which is just begging for a tackle for a loss.

I think I need to find a new playbook.

EDIT: Oh, and for all the INT's (I've gotten at least 10 in my season so far), I'm running a lot of cover-2 zone out of nickel. The zone coverages are incredibly well-done (almost TOO well-done)... you'll get a lot of picks running zone.

EDIT 2: Also, don't worry about your offense being ranked last... Mine was too, even playing on Varsity. I think this is because I play on 6 minute quarters, while all of the computer teams play on 15 minute quarters, so the have higher stats for absolutely everything offensively... In turn, you'll always have a better shot and having a higher ranked defense, due to shorter quarters.

I was scoring 40+ points a game with 100% redzone effectiveness, but because I only got around 320 total yards per game, it thinks my offense sucks. It's just a computational flaw.

[This message has been edited by Vertical (edited July 17, 2003).]
</font>
It is crazy how much harder it is once you move up a level.

Vertical

All-American
May 15, 2000
New Hampshire
Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out. Bama's playbook this year is just so vanilla. Last year we had three or four Shotgun formations, this year it's just two, with heavy focus on the Ace formation, which, while I like it, doesn't have all that much variety... people can just run the same defense on you all day.

Vertical

All-American
May 15, 2000
New Hampshire
Not so anymore. If a blitz is called, or if you're waiting on long routes to develop, you run a huge risk of getting sacked... especially if you meander out of the pocket in the slightest.

If you're running short routes, you've got time, obviously, but everything else largely depends on the skill of your O-line, their fatigue level, and whether or not the D is blitzing. Sacks are more common this year.

jaytide

Nov 25, 2002
Moody, Al USA
I just got through anialating the Oklahoma Sooners 63-7. They got lucky on a pass to #29 and he shoved my two db's down.
I am not sure I like the vanilla-flavored offense either. I might have to experiment with others. maybe even get aTm's offense because I am so used to it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.