MSU game menu

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Wife is tired of tailgate food and says she is ready for some fine dining.

Breakfast - the usual eggs, sausage patties, bacon, grits, biscuit & coffee or hot tea

Lunch -Crab Salad - iceberg lettuce, cucumber, avocado, tomato, sliced radish, Julianne green and red bell peppers topped with a generous portion of lump crab meat served with vinaigrette dressing and club crackers. Black Tower Liebfraumilch to drink.

Snack - crab dip, club crackers, sliced apples, red seedless grapes

Dinner - Roast chicken breast stuffed with brie, apples & cranberry breaded with bread crumbs, cornbread dressing w/chicken gravy, succotash (corn & baby limas), sliced tomato. Drink - Villa Antinori chianti

Desert - classic egg custard & coffee

Last edited:

happytidefan

All-SEC
Jul 24, 2008
Columbus, Mississippi
Been mulling this over and I think at our tailgate at UA this weekend we will have:

White Chili with Chicken
Jalapeno Cornbread
Chips/Pico de Gallo/Rotel Cheese Dip
Roasted Pecans
Red Velvet Cupcakes
Assorted Beverages

Seems like I need to add a little something, but haven't put my finger on it yet....suggestions welcome!

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Been mulling this over and I think at our tailgate at UA this weekend we will have:

White Chili with Chicken
Jalapeno Cornbread
Chips/Pico de Gallo/Rotel Cheese Dip
Roasted Pecans
Red Velvet Cupcakes
Assorted Beverages

Seems like I need to add a little something, but haven't put my finger on it yet....suggestions welcome!
Maybe a pan of chicken enchiladas? Stuffed jalapenos? Tamales? Raw veggies with cool ranch dip? Mariachi Band?

happytidefan

All-SEC
Jul 24, 2008
Columbus, Mississippi
Maybe a pan of chicken enchiladas? Stuffed jalapenos? Tamales? Raw veggies with cool ranch dip? Mariachi Band?
Thanks Bayou....chicken enchiladas would finish this up! Got a recipe you'd share with me?

And the wonderful folks at my tailgate won't touch a raw vegetable or fruit...been there done that and threw it away. For the most part, they eat protein, protein and more protein and a sweet treat AFTER the game with a few chip/dip and cheese snacks in between.

Bayou - might I suggest West Indies Salad for your lump crab meat?

We're gonna have Greek Burgers....stuffed with Feta Cheese and dusted with Caveder's seasoning. Red Onions, a little spring mix, and some mayo as dressing on Ciabatta rolls.

Also making a big pot of lima beans and sweet potato pies. I know its a weird combo, but been craving all of it lately.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Bayou - might I suggest West Indies Salad for your lump crab meat?

We're gonna have Greek Burgers....stuffed with Feta Cheese and dusted with Caveder's seasoning. Red Onions, a little spring mix, and some mayo as dressing on Ciabatta rolls.

Also making a big pot of lima beans and sweet potato pies. I know its a weird combo, but been craving all of it lately.
That West Indie salad does sound good.

Nothing strange about those lima beans and sweet potato pie it sounds perfectly normal to me. You are putting some sausage, ham or something in those beans? Smoked turkey wings are pretty good for something different in beans and give a great flavor add cornbread and a big chunk of raw white onion. Are you making pie pies or fried hand pies?

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Thanks Bayou....chicken enchiladas would finish this up! Got a recipe you'd share with me?

And the wonderful folks at my tailgate won't touch a raw vegetable or fruit...been there done that and threw it away. For the most part, they eat protein, protein and more protein and a sweet treat AFTER the game with a few chip/dip and cheese snacks in between.
How about the easy enchiladas?

Boil chicken tenders till done then let cool enough to shred the meat (I like shredded better than cubed)
Put a little olive oil in a skillet and cook some diced onion to saute, add a clove of minced garlic and a 4 oz can of diced green chili peppers (drained), 8oz block of cream cheese cubed and about a cup of jack cheese. Gradually stir in about a half cup of milk.
Spoon this mixture onto 10" flour tortillas and roll up then stack them into a 9X13 casserole dish. Sprinkle another cup of shredded jack cheese on top then pour a cup of heavy cream over everything.
Bake at 375 for about 30 min in preheated oven or till golden brown. Garnish with sliced black olives and serve with sour cream.

That West Indie salad does sound good.

Nothing strange about those lima beans and sweet potato pie it sounds perfectly normal to me. You are putting some sausage, ham or something in those beans? Smoked turkey wings are pretty good for something different in beans and give a great flavor add cornbread and a big chunk of raw white onion. Are you making pie pies or fried hand pies?

I'm actually putting some nice thick cut pork chops in the beans. And making regular old sweet potato pies. Mama's recipe :)

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Busy day tomorrow grocery shopping and doing all the make ahead dishes.

Wife doesn't want West Indie salad she wants everything but the kitchen sink salad with lump crab so will also add sliced boiled square eggs. Custard pie is make ahead, cornbread dressing is make ahead. Crab dip is make ahead and cleaning the grapes is a do ahead job.

20 min for breakfast
15 min to put salad together
no more than an hour total for dinner
5 min to cut pie, pour cream over and pour coffee into cup
All the rest of the time to watch games.

happytidefan

All-SEC
Jul 24, 2008
Columbus, Mississippi
How about the easy enchiladas?

Boil chicken tenders till done then let cool enough to shred the meat (I like shredded better than cubed)
Put a little olive oil in a skillet and cook some diced onion to saute, add a clove of minced garlic and a 4 oz can of diced green chili peppers (drained), 8oz block of cream cheese cubed and about a cup of jack cheese. Gradually stir in about a half cup of milk.
Spoon this mixture onto 10" flour tortillas and roll up then stack them into a 9X13 casserole dish. Sprinkle another cup of shredded jack cheese on top then pour a cup of heavy cream over everything.
Bake at 375 for about 30 min in preheated oven or till golden brown. Garnish with sliced black olives and serve with sour cream.
Thanks Bayou....I did something very similar. I kept the enchiladas warm in a crock pot and tho delicious, they fell apart before the day was done. I heard someone say "those are delicious mexican dumplings!" :redface: I didn't say a word!

Oh well....all is well that ends well.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Thanks Bayou....I did something very similar. I kept the enchiladas warm in a crock pot and tho delicious, they fell apart before the day was done. I heard someone say "those are delicious mexican dumplings!" :redface: I didn't say a word!

Oh well....all is well that ends well.
This is going to sound crazy but to keep the enchiladas shape if they are going to be kept in a warming container for a while try wrapping them individually in paper coffee filters.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.