Just got PS2 and NCAA 2004

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Well, finally got a PS2 (Christmas present) and NCAA 2004 (ditto).
Been mostly just fiddling with it, trying to learn (playing a crappy team in a pick-up game to learn the ropes).
Finally started dynasty mode, and played first game, beating USF 36-6 (missed an XP because I wasn't paying attention, but got a safety). Brodie rolled up 300+ yards, but what was really cool is that I got 200+ for Antonio Carter to set a new school record.

Still learning to run effectively, but did manage 50+ yds and 2 td's for Shaud.

Biggest problem I have is the last one I played was 2001, so the controls throw me for a loop a good bit.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Ok, played game 2 vs Oklahoma (#2 in the country, I was #22).
I scored first on a field goal after mixing some running plays and passing but failing to punch it in on 3rd and goal from the 6.
Oklahoma scored on a deep pass for the TD.
From that point on, my defense was amazing.
The offense managed one more FG before Halftime, leaving the score 7-6.
The second half led to more offensive woes for me, but the defense really stepped up. Finally, forced him to punt with 2:30 left in the game. Ran straight through on 4 carries, getting me to about the 25, then realized only had 0:45 left. Called on my no-back corner route, and hit AC for 40+ yards. Hit another WR on a cross route, then ran up the middle twice. Called time out with the ball on the 3 with 3 seconds left. Sent in the Placekicker, who hit his 3rd FG as time expired to win the game 9-7. Good performances:
AC over 100 yds receiving.
SW 125 yds rushing.
The strong safety (name escapes me) had 2 picks.
Place kicker, who scored all 9 points.
Defense, who held Oklahoma to 9 yards rushing and under 150 yards overall.

Best plays:
Anything that has Shaud going up the middle. Especially to the Center/RG gap. Works really good against goalline defenses.
Also, no-back pass plays, ESPECIALLY the corner route. Times when AC gets open are incredible.

Opened up running lanes by throwing more passes out of the I-form and Goalline formations (especially the deep hitch).

Managed 3 user picks altogether. No sacks, but quite a few QB hurries. Need to get better ends. Or maybe it's because they're Oklahoma.

Running Nickel-Cover 2 which seems to work VERY well.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Finished the regular season 12-0! After close games against Southern Miss and either Ole Miss or Miss St, started a pretty nasty tear through the rest of the season. Beat Auburn 49-21, then beat Hawaii 65-12. Hawaii was very suceptible to the pass, pretty much only used Shaud on 1st and goal...
Finished with 665 passing yards, 500+ went to AC. He's number 1 in the Heisman with just the SECCG vs Tennessee left to do. Currently #1 in the BCS, #1 in Media and #2 in Coaches (Undefeated Nebraska is #1). Have two WR and two OL in the top 3 for best-at-position.
Records already broken:
**Team**
Most Rec. Yds in a season, AC
Most Rec. Yds in a game, AC
Most Rec. Yds in a career, AC
Most Rec. TD's in a season, AC
Most Rec. TD's in a game, AC
Most Receptions in a game, AC
Most Receptions in a season, #80
Most Pass yds in a game, Brodie
Most Pass yds in a season, Brodie
Most Pass TDs in a game, Brodie
Most Pass TDs in a season, Brodie
Most Rush TDs in a season, Shaud
Most INTs in a season, FS #20

NCAA:
Most Rec yds in a game, AC
Most Rec yds in a season, AC

Milestones:
1000 yds rushing, Shaud
1000 yds receiving, #80
2000 yds receiving, AC
4000 yds passing, Brodie
10+ ints in a season, #20
100+ receptions, AC & #80
10+ rec TDs, AC & #80
20+ rush Tds, Shaud
#1 defense in the country
#1 vs run
#4 vs pass
Top 10 passing offense in country
12-0 regular season record
Victories over top 25 teams: 4
3 best games ever
Two OT victories (both on first try, defense stifled them)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.