HELP !!!

crimsonfl00d

May 28, 2002
Alabama
Alright I just got the network adapter for my PS2 last night, and for the life of me I can not get it to set up right. I have Charter Pipeline cable and I dont know what else to do. If any one here has charter pipeline and successfully got your PS2 set up please tell me how you did it.

Thanks in advance!

RTR

crimsonfl00d

May 28, 2002
Alabama
Pardon my computer illetarcy but what exactly is a router?

I am pluggin the cable directly from my adapter into my cable modeom. Is that correct?

Aslo does anyone know if charter pipeline employs a DHCP hostname. (I tried calling them but just got the run around)

Sorry for all the questions guys I just want to get this damn thing working!

IHateUT

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Knoxville, TN
You don't need a router. just plug the ethernet cord into the back of your cable modem.

I have charter and when i went through setup, all the question that had an option to do something automatically, i did that. everything worked ok.

it took me a couple times though...for some reason.

[This message has been edited by IHateUT (edited August 05, 2003).]

calladion

Jul 30, 2003
Tuscaloosa, AL
Yea just make sure that you have it set to obtain ip address automatically. It should work fine. Also after you make sure that you've set it to automatic, run that test connection thingy. If your settings are correct it'll tell you. I'm not sure if charter is static ip or DHCP. I have comcast and they have static, which is helpful. If autodetect doesn't work, I can just input the ip address manually. Anyway, hope i've helped.

Streyeder

Suspended
Jul 27, 2001
The Cow College
www.myfreakingopinion.com
Router:

As the term implies, it routs network traffic. You can hook up a router to your cable modem and then attach as many computers as you like to the router and only use that one modem/I.P. address. Charter doesn't let you buy extra IPs for your computers (as of last I checked in AU) so you have to use a router to use multiple computers on the net at once. Solves the problem of switching plugs and rebooting the modem every time you want to use a different computer. I imagine it should work find with the PS2 stuff. Might want to check some of their PS2 related boards to find out.

------------------
--Streyeder
"Stupidity should be painful."

Mallet Über Alles!

Rolling Tide

1st Team
May 29, 2002
A, A
www.crimsonphoto.com
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Streyeder:
Router:

As the term implies, it routs network traffic. You can hook up a router to your cable modem and then attach as many computers as you like to the router and only use that one modem/I.P. address. Charter doesn't let you buy extra IPs for your computers (as of last I checked in AU) so you have to use a router to use multiple computers on the net at once. Solves the problem of switching plugs and rebooting the modem every time you want to use a different computer. I imagine it should work find with the PS2 stuff. Might want to check some of their PS2 related boards to find out.

</font>
If he is pluging directly into the PS2 he shouldnt need a router.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.