Fav. Seafood Restaurant?

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
We like The Original Oyster House on the causeway in Mobile, but by far the best steamed shrimp in the world can be found at a little joint on the Outer Banks of NC, on Ocracoke Island, called Howard's Pub.

When we go we order them by the 1/2 pound and tell the waitress to keep 'em coming when she sees we're gettin' low. Absolutely wonderful!

They also have over 200 beers on the menu...my husband enjoys that part too!

If you are in B'ham try Buster's Bar and Grill in Hoover off of Hwy. 31, I think there is also one in Destin. I have been working in B'ham for the past month and eat there almost daily. They have an award winning Seafood Gumbo that will make you want to slap momma (just kidding) it is awesome. Also tried the soft spider crab sandwich today and man that thing tasted great. They gave me a sample of the shrimp etouphee (SP) it was spicy and kicken in a light sauce. They have decent raw oysters when they are fresh from Appalachicola. They tell me their wings are great also, though I have not tried them.

It is great to go and eat and watch the games during the week. The atmosphere is awesome with 4 big screen tv's to watch the games on the weekends and to enjoy some good seafood to boot.

Roll Tide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bama Greg

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.