Hotdogs, how do you

ga_tide_fan

1st Team
Aug 13, 2001
Griffin, GA.
Okay, this is not very healthy but drop your hot dog in your deep fryer sometime and try it... I thought it would be awful but I have a friend who owns a hotdog joint in Tyrone, Georgia that deep fries his dogs at his restaurant. It is actually a nice taste.

------------------
You can't strengthen the weak by weakening the strong...

LadyinRed

1st Team
Oct 19, 1999
Fayette Co., GA.
www.LadyinRed.net
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ga_tide_fan:
I thought it would be awful but I have a friend who owns a hotdog joint in Tyrone, Georgia that deep fries his dogs at his restaurant. It is actually a nice taste.

</font>
What is the name of the restaurant in Tyrone?...

I am just a hop....skip.... and a jump.

Do you live in South Metro Atlanta?

------------------
Roll Tide!
Kristi-LadyinRed
LadyinRed's Bama Page: www.LadyinRed.net

[This message has been edited by LadyinRed (edited 06-10-2004).]

ga_tide_fan

1st Team
Aug 13, 2001
Griffin, GA.
LadyinRed,

I live in Griffin, Ga. The restaurant is called W's ... It is in Tyrone... Mark, the owner used to work @ Delta with me.

You??

------------------

Alanbama27

All-American
Sep 24, 2003
Hoover, Alabama, USA
Here is an education on the Hot Dog and why you like Hebrew National better than others.

First, they are Kosher, which means that the animal was killed the way that all other beef is killed. It is not just a matter of having a Rabbi say a blessing prior to killing the animal...it is the entire process which is designed to get all of the toxins and bad elements of a cow out of it prior to ever butchering the cow.

Second, they do not use the same "parts" of the animal as most hot dogs...they are ALL BEEF and are not just the bad left over stuff like lips and crap that are in most dogs.

Third, Hebrew National uses only REAL casings...in other words, the use the cows intestinal casing to cover the hot dogs...which is why when you bite them they actually pop a little as opposed to squishing!

Finally, as for how a dog is supposed to be eaten...there is no such thing. I actually owned two Sneaky Pete franchises in the mid 80's and can tell you that everybody has their own special way. Nevertheless, almost all NY hot dogs are eaten with Mustard, onion and sourcraut only and the hot dog bun is ALWAYS steamed hot...not microwaved or grilled! Steaming prevents the bun from breaking in half when eaten like what happens when you grill a hot dog bun.

As for the Jew Dog comments...I would say that they are a bit off color and should not be used. Even if it's all in gest, it's just not right to say.

------------------
The Bus to our future is driven by Coach Mike Shula...Get on board or be left behind!

--Me

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MississippiTider:
Many years ago I worked at Hardee's while in HS and going to UA. The old one on 15th St.</font>
When I was a Senior at Tuscaloosa High I used to eat lunch almost exclusively at the Hardee's on 15th Street. I think back then it was known as the new one. lol My lunch staple back then was the Big Twin.

This thread brings back memories of my childhood. Grapico, chow chow and Hardees were some of my favorites that you can't find out here in the west.

I like my hot dogs with ketchup, mustard, onions and chow chow if available on an untoasted bun. I love sweet tea with just about anything. For some reason I am craving a hot dog now.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Alanbama27:
Correction to my notes.

Kosher means that the animal WAS NOT killed like all other cows...

Sorry, I was typing to fast.
</font>
The animal was killed and prepaired according to Jewish law, therefor making them Kosher. The Jews who went to baseball games wanted a Kosher hot dog they could eat. Therefore the term Jew Dog or Kosher Hot Dog. I have heard Jews call them both without anyone being offended. It's like calling for sourkraut on a dog and calling it a Kraut Dog, the Germans don't run to bomb pearl harbor again.

------------------

Always take a good look at what you're about to eat. It's not so important to know what it is, but it's critical to know what it was.

LadyinRed

1st Team
Oct 19, 1999
Fayette Co., GA.
www.LadyinRed.net
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ga_tide_fan:
LadyinRed,

I live in Griffin, Ga. The restaurant is called W's ... It is in Tyrone... Mark, the owner used to work @ Delta with me.

You??

</font>
What did you do at Delta?

I am in South Fayette. My son attends Brooks Elementary.

Do you go to the games? If not... We meet at Y-Knot in Peachtree City to watch the games. It is a lot of fun.

------------------
Roll Tide!
Kristi-LadyinRed
LadyinRed's Bama Page: www.LadyinRed.net

ga_tide_fan

1st Team
Aug 13, 2001
Griffin, GA.
LIR,

I am still @ Delta... Not old enough to retire yet at 34... Wish I could with the way things are going for such a fine company...

I try to get to 3-4 games a year and since my parents live just outside Tuscaloosa in Reform, Al. my father gets tix quite often if I cannot.

I have never been to Y-Knots but I know where it is.. Some of my fellow Bama fans at Delta, and there are many of us, go to Frankies or to Smith's Olde Bar to watch the big games... Many times we just meet up at one house or the other to watch it on the tube.

I know where Brooke's Elementary is at. My wife used to be an Asst. Director to Mrs. Robert's at Little One's Daycare across from Starrs Mill Elem. She drove a bus in the afternoon to pick up kids from the schools that needed after school care... She went to Brooke's to pick up.

------------------

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.