WoW- Cataclysm

RollTideinGA

All-SEC
Jun 25, 2002
GA
Okay a few months ago I had another thread detailing my adventure into the WoW world. I can say I am not addicted, I took a month or two off and I am back to play the new expansion. I took advantage of the holiday sale on Blizzard's site that had the BC and LK expansions for $5 and $10. How could I resist?

Anyone else getting the expansion? I'm currently trying to build the 4k gold to get the epic flying mount. Only 3k to go.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Okay a few months ago I had another thread detailing my adventure into the WoW world. I can say I am not addicted, I took a month or two off and I am back to play the new expansion. I took advantage of the holiday sale on Blizzard's site that had the BC and LK expansions for $5 and $10. How could I resist?

Anyone else getting the expansion? I'm currently trying to build the 4k gold to get the epic flying mount. Only 3k to go.
I'm buying up crafting materials to sell at a premium after the expansion hits. If I had only 3k gold, I would recommend buying up low-to-midlevel ore, cloth, and enchanting materials that you can find for cheap, and reselling them in the first few weeks of the expansion as people are trying to level up tradeskills of new worgen and goblin characters. I have spent about 5k already, and plan to spend about 5k more. Also, if you have a gathering profession maxed at 450, you can make a ton of gold gathering and selling new crafting materials from the expansion. Savage leather, obsidian ore, etc. I am also taking the first week of Cataclysm off work. I need to use up some vacation days before the end of the year, and there is a lot of competition for the days surrounding Christmas, so it works out well.

wisten

Hall of Fame
Apr 30, 2003
Gulf Shores, AL, USA
I have it, and made a baby Worgon (there is a command called /transform you can enter to change between werewolf and human). The starting quests are more inclusive I haven't trotted out any of my 80's yet as i am working on the low level quests and new content. Later I'll check out the new raids.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I was my server's first skinner to reach 525 skill, and there is an achievement for that.
Single pieces of leather are selling for 8-10 gold each on my server.
There is a whole lot of money to be made for a motivated person.
My main character is now 85, and geared enough to do heroic instances. which are currently extremely challenging.

wisten

Hall of Fame
Apr 30, 2003
Gulf Shores, AL, USA
I got my Hunter to 85 and am now getting her geared, and got my DK to 85 abd will start gearing him as soon as I am done with the hunter. Skinning has become a cash cow for me... hehehe

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Sold almost everything I stocked up on before the expansion, made some gold, but not as much as I was expecting. Made a whole lot more money selling leather and crafted leather goods. Revered with most new factions, gunning for Exalted with Dragonmaw Clan and Earthen Ring first, then the others. Got a few epic pieces now (crafted the chest armor, and won a trinket off of trash in Bastion of Twilight)

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Exalted with everything that matters to me.
Every item is item level 346 or greater.
Guild had its first 25 man raid last night. It went very well. We cleared three bosses in Blackwing Descent, and one in Bastion of Twilight.
I made out like a bandit, winning three items, including the staff from Halfus Wyrmbreaker.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL
I haven't play WoW since the middle of WotLK and I got a free 10 trial of Cataclysm and I feel so lost for some reason. Can't remember where anything is and I hate that because I started playing two months into the original game

RollTideinGA

All-SEC
Jun 25, 2002
GA
I haven't play WoW since the middle of WotLK and I got a free 10 trial of Cataclysm and I feel so lost for some reason. Can't remember where anything is and I hate that because I started playing two months into the original game
Some nice changes on the map and additions. It will leave a whole new exploration for you. Also if you can fly you can go everywhere now.

wisten

Hall of Fame
Apr 30, 2003
Gulf Shores, AL, USA
Now have my Hunter, Druid, DK, and Paladin geared and at 85. I am liking Cata, some cool new changes. I mainly tank with my pally, healz on my druid, and pvp with the hunter and DK... I have noticed that on Heroics and raids, DPS classes actually have to pay attention which is a really nice change. :)

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Feral druid is raid geared, just needs a ring for the Cataclysmically Epic achievement.
Got shadow priest and hunter to 84 and maxed their gathering tradeskills. The bloom is off the rose for me. I don't play much except for 3 raid nights a week now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.