Scout Team
Aug 8, 2002
Birmingham, AL
home.bham.rr.com
What's your playbook look like?

With Bama:
1. I Normal (Castille, Hudson)
2. Strong Normal (Castille, Hudson)
3. Maryland I (McClain, Castille, Darby)
4. Wishbone (McClain, Castille, Darby)
5. Ace Normal (Prothro, Caddell, McLain, Cavan / Hudson)
6. Ace Bunch (Prothro, Carter, Caddell, Brown / Hudson)
7. Shotgun 2 Back Slot (Prothro, Carter, Caddell / Hudson, Castille)
8. Shotgun Spread (Prothro, Carter, Brown, Caddell / Hudson)
9. Shotgun 5 Wide (Prothro, Carter, Roach, Brown, Caddell)

...Long overdue. Not sure why they went from having a "global playbook" option to no playbook tweaking whatsoever.

Streyeder

Suspended
Jul 27, 2001
The Cow College
www.myfreakingopinion.com
I love this too. I have mine set up as a ton of run! I also have the backup of some great shotguns. I LOVE the PA *** on the Shotgun - Trips set, on the front page. If your guys can catch, then you can march down the field in 16 seconds (I should know, LOL).

I also love the create a playbook feature. I was wanting that very thing - to be able to select the formation that i want in my own playbook and thought about writing in to request....got my wish. Also, I love the fact that they have included option plays in every formation...I love to throw in some option every now and then

I wish there would have been a create a play feature like Madden has, but beggars can't be chosers I guess.

If you want a money play, try this one:

On 2nd or 3rd and inches to about 2-3 yards, line up in the goal line formation and select the PA pass that's in that package. Put your best reciever in for the TE who lines up in the 3 point stance on the line of scrimmage. Now do a hot route to send him straight down the field from the line.

What will happen is that the defense will line up in their goal line formation, leaving the secondary completely empty. All you have to do is avoid any potential blitz and lob the pass down the field. You basically don't even have to run to catch it. Once you do catch it, you can walk to the endzone.

BamaThunder

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 8, 2001
Mobile, AL
No longer can you use just a couple of plays like in the games of old. You've got to mix it up and keep the computer on its toes. Get predictable, and you are done. Very realistic.

I've read lots of posts on easports.com's NCAA 2005 forum about people saying this game is too hard, you can't pass, you can't do this....its because they've made this where you have to mix it up on OFF and DEF.

I'm still struggling, but I know I'll get a system going and do well. It will be nice to actually have the possibility of losing for a while. I lost 1 game on 04, my second game ever after it came out....17-14 to Oklahoma.

I play everything in All-American. Heisman just isn't realistic, never has been. Maybe because a 320lb lineman, shouldn't be running down a 190lb WR at full speed.

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
I'm enjoying the game and I have been toying with the custom playbooks. However, when simulating, the default playbook is used automatically. Why is that?

I haven't started my dynasty yet. I did play a game against Auburn and lost 17-14. :conf3: Brandon Brooks muffed a punt on BAMA's own 21 yard line that set up the go ahead FG for Auburn. I dominated TOP, first downs, and total yards. Just couldn't overcome a few big mistakes. :(

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
BamaJeff said:
I'm enjoying the game and I have been toying with the custom playbooks. However, when simulating, the default playbook is used automatically. Why is that?
Did you set your custom playbook as your default playbook? You do that in your profile (if I remember correctly).

Where in your profile do you have that option? I have a custom playbook that is the default when I play a game. But, Like BamaJeff said, it does not default when simulating a game...because, on the coach strategy page...there is no selection possible for the prof1 playbook. Have I missed something Queasy1?

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
I'll have to go and look at the coach profile page when I get home tonight. If your user-created playbook is not selectable on the coach profile page, that's a bug...or a missing feature.

I haven't simmed any games with 2005 so I haven't noticed this problem. I do know that with 2004 you had to have the playbook you wanted to use selected in the coach profile.

PeteTheYankee

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 21, 2004
Tuscaloosa, AL, USA
www.peteholiday.com
Wishbone!

Personally, I love running out of the wishbone with Castille, Hudson, and Darby... the HB Option is killer: QB hands off to one HB, other HB is the option back -- if run well (and at the right times) you can average 8-10 yards with that one.

Further, if you run Wishbone Normal or Spread the HB Streaks can really exploit a mismatch between your wide-out and the corner -- hot route the one you want to a streak; you'll have a one-on-one because the safety will have to pick up the halfback.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.