Lobster Rolls

RogueElephant

All-American
Mar 15, 2007
Los Angeles
1. Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add butter; swirl melted butter in pan. Place rolls cut side down in pan; toast 1 minute or until golden.
2. Spoon lobster mixture into toasted rolls and serve.

275 calories, 660 mg sodium, 8 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 70mg cholesterol.

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA
As a huge fan of lobster rolls, if I could point out one thing for folks: mind the bread.

Too much bread or a bread without a complementary flavor (e.g. buttery flavor) or too strong of a flavor can absolutely ruin a good lobster roll. You gotta let the lobster shine.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I love lobster rolls but as those above me stated you lost me at reduced fat mayo and hot dog buns don't cut it.

These are lobster rolls on New England style hot dog buns not your regular ball park hot dog buns. They should be toasted in butter before loading. If you don't have access to this type of bun try something like thick cut Texas Toast as seen below.

PS that recipe also makes a killer crab roll. :)

Bacchus

Suspended
Dec 27, 2010
The Vineyard
I suggest pairing a Falanghina or Tocai Friulano, a couple of Italian whites, or, a bit easier to find, a good Chenin Blanc .

Also, I suggest regular mayo, tarragon, chervil and parsley for the lobster

Great topic

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I suggest pairing a Falanghina or Tocai Friulano, a couple of Italian whites, or, a bit easier to find, a good Chenin Blanc .

Great topic
Nice to see another wino posting here :)

You are spot on about the mayo especially if you are making your own and add tarragon, chervil and or parsley. Chervil and parsley are closely related, tarragon comes in two varieties French and Russian the French is more aromatic and the Russian more bitter. I find with tarragon a little goes a long way but I do mix parsley and chervil more than occasionally and like to add tarragon to fish dishes and my tarter sauce.

Let me add that if you turn this into a crab roll use good lump crab meat, the white meat from the body usually found towards the back where the swim fins are. King crab leg meat is also acceptable mixed with some lump meat but I would stay away from using just claw meat from blue crabs.

Last edited:

BAMAFAN IN NY

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2007
Watertown, NY
www.myspace.com

Great topic
Thanks for the wine suggestions on these recipes. Im starting to get in to wines. Ive had a problem with drinking things that werent ice cold, so red wines have been an issue for me.. but im starting to like some Pinot Noirs.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.