Entre: Catfish with Pepper-Pecan Salsa

RogueElephant

All-American
Mar 15, 2007
Los Angeles
1. When cool enough to handle, remove the outer layer of blackened peel. Cut pepper in half; remove stem and seeds. Cut pepper into 1/2 inch pieces, place in medium bowl. Add onion, pecans, parsley, vinegar, remaining teaspoons oil and salt to taste, cover and refrigerate.
2. Brush fillets with butter, and sprinkle with Cajun seasoning to taste. Grill 4-5 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with pepper-pecan salsa.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
One of the better things I have ever had was catfish fried in pecan flour. Pecan flour is nothing but pecans run through a food processor till they are super fine. Dip fish in flour, egg wash then coat with pecan flour and fry they are OMG so good.

Thanks to Aunt Pittypat's Porch in Atlanta. Check out menu online here

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
One of the better things I have ever had was catfish fried in pecan flour. Pecan flour is nothing but pecans run through a food processor till they are super fine. Dip fish in flour, egg wash then coat with pecan flour and fry they are OMG so good.
I've had trout done this way never catfish though......

I

It's On A Slab

I love catfish, but never fried it myself because frying stinks up the house. Though, I love to grill catfish. A little on the oily side, so it tends to catch fire easily.

Thanks for this one! Will have to try it after I dig my grill out of the snow in the Spring.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I love catfish, but never fried it myself because frying stinks up the house. Though, I love to grill catfish. A little on the oily side, so it tends to catch fire easily.

Thanks for this one! Will have to try it after I dig my grill out of the snow in the Spring.
Find an old water heater, remove the burner and make a fish fryer for outdoors.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.