Entre: Enchilada Day with pictures

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
The good Lord willing tomorrow I will make a mega batch of enchiladas. I use those throw away aluminum baking pans with the plastic covers from the grocery store so putting leftovers in the freezer is a snap. Plan to make a batch of beef, beef & bean, chicken and a batch of cheese enchiladas. If possible I will try to make this a picture thread.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com

First thing is to get everything together. The can of Wolf chili was not used but I had planned to pour it over the cheese enchiladas before burying them in cheese.

Peppy still hates Michael Vick and was not used to make the enchilada meat which was mixed with one can of refried beans.

Dip flour tortilla in enchilada sauce then add filling. That is about two heaping tablespoons of filling on a 6" tortilla. Roll it up and place seam side down in pan till you fill the pan.

Should look something like this.

Next we pour enchilada sauce over everything then start layering on the cheese.

This is nothing but plain old queso dip from a jar you can make your own rotel dip or do something else but this works well and I was going for easy not gourmet.

Next is a whole bag of Kraft Mexican Blend cheese.

The finished product is prettied up with some chunky salsa and green onion tops.

The cheese enchiladas were made the same way but filled with a mix of velveeta cheese, pepper jack and some salsa.

Bake this in oven 350F till cheese is melted and bubbly. About 25 min should do it.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.