Shrimp & Spinach Salad with Bacon Dressing

RogueElephant

All-American
Mar 15, 2007
Los Angeles
1/ Set a large skillet over medium heat. Cook bacon pieces until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel.

2/ Add onion and mushrooms to the hot skillet and cook until onion begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Season shrimp with salt and pepper to taste and add them to the skillet, along with pine nuts. When shrimp are pink and firm (2 to 4 minutes), stir in vinegar and mustard, and season again with salt and pepper to taste. If the skillet looks dry, add a splash of olive oil.

3/ Divide spinach and eggs among 4 plates and top with the hot shrimp mixture, some of the dressing from the skillet, and bacon.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I bet I have made this a hundred times or more as spinach salad with hot bacon dressing. Adding the shrimp and pine nuts is a nice twist to a classic salad. Good stuff here. If it looks like you dont have enough dressing add a bit of oil and vinegar.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I do something really similar with scallops. The dressing is just white wine vinegar, bacon grease, shallot, and salt and pepper.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.