Dessert: Chocolate Lovers Dream Cake

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Combine cake mix, pudding mix, milk, sour cream, and eggs in large mixer bowl.
Beat on low speed, just until blended. Then beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
Stir in morsels and nuts.
Pour into prepared baking pan.
Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
Cool in pan for 30 minutes. Place on wire rack to cool completely.
Once cake is completely cooled, place on cake plate to await frosting.
Open package of frosting and heat on high in the microwave, stirring thoroughly after every 30
seconds. Do this until the frosting is of a thick, but "pourable" consistency, then pour/spoon
frosting evenly over cake so that it drips down the sides. Use as much or as little as you like. I
typically use about 3/4 can.
Cut and serve.

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
Preferred frosting? And I've looked everywhere for your recipe with the treats made in a muffin pan with peanut butter cups????

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Preferred frosting? And I've looked everywhere for your recipe with the treats made in a muffin pan with peanut butter cups????
Any frosting brand in a microwaveable container. I usually use Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker. If I use a devil's food cake, I'll soften up the frosting by using milk chocolate. If I use a regular chocolate cake mix, I'll use a chocolate fudge frosting.

I posted the peanut butter cup cookies recipe on your facebook wall!!

Last edited:

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
I'm making this cake for Christmas, but this time I'm using a red velvet cake mix, all white chocolate chips and a cream cheese frosting/glaze. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
I'm making this cake for Christmas, but this time I'm using a red velvet cake mix, all white chocolate chips and a cream cheese frosting/glaze. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.
Forgot to update:
Making this with the white chocolate chips was a mess. I guess there's something about the white chocolate, but all the chips settled to the bottom of the pan and got stuck on the bottom. The cake itself tasted delicious, but I had wanted white chips throughout the cake and it didn't turn out that way. Oh, well, now I know to stick to my regular chocolate chips.

happytidefan

All-SEC
Jul 24, 2008
Columbus, Mississippi
Wondering if you dusted those white chips with flour before mixing them in the batter if they would sink to the bottom? Honestly, I've had disastrous results converting from milk chocolate to white chocolate too. I'm reluctant to try it after I've flubbed with white chocolate in the past! LOL

I had to come back to this thread for this recipe so I can take this cake to the river to tailgate in two weeks. Be still my beating heart! I can NOT wait!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.