Description: This is a very dense, moist cake. You can use any combination of chocolate morsels, peanut butter
morsels, walnuts or pecans you desire. Some prefer to sprinkle powdered sugar on top, but I prefer
to drip a sort of frosting/glaze on it. Do whatever suits your taste. It's delicious no matter what!
Time: About 15 minutes to assemble; about 1 hour to bake.
- 1 package Duncan Hines chocolate cake mix
- 1 package (3.4-oz.) chocolate instant pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup chopped pecans, walnuts or peanut butter morsels
- 1 container of ready-to-spread chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 12-inch Bundt pan or other tube pan.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, milk, sour cream, and eggs in large mixer bowl.
- Beat on low speed, just until blended. Then beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in morsels and nuts.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 30 minutes. Place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cake is completely cooled, place on cake plate to await frosting.
- Open package of frosting and heat on high in the microwave, stirring thoroughly after every 30
- seconds. Do this until the frosting is of a thick, but "pourable" consistency, then pour/spoon
- frosting evenly over cake so that it drips down the sides. Use as much or as little as you like. I
- typically use about 3/4 can.
- Cut and serve.