Dessert: Chocolate Lovers Dream Cake
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chocolate Lovers Dream Cake

Description: This is a very dense, moist cake. You can use any combination of chocolate morsels, peanut butter
    morsels, walnuts or pecans you desire. Some prefer to sprinkle powdered sugar on top, but I prefer
    to drip a sort of frosting/glaze on it. Do whatever suits your taste. It's delicious no matter what!
    Time: About 15 minutes to assemble; about 1 hour to bake.
    Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients:
    1. 1 package Duncan Hines chocolate cake mix
    2. 1 package (3.4-oz.) chocolate instant pudding
    3. 1 cup milk
    4. 1/2 cup sour cream
    5. 4 large eggs
    6. 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
    7. 1 cup chopped pecans, walnuts or peanut butter morsels
    8. 1 container of ready-to-spread chocolate frosting
    Preparation:
    1. Preheat oven to 350.
    2. Grease and flour 12-inch Bundt pan or other tube pan.
    Instructions:
    1. Combine cake mix, pudding mix, milk, sour cream, and eggs in large mixer bowl.
    2. Beat on low speed, just until blended. Then beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
    3. Stir in morsels and nuts.
    4. Pour into prepared baking pan.
    5. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
    6. Cool in pan for 30 minutes. Place on wire rack to cool completely.
    7. Once cake is completely cooled, place on cake plate to await frosting.
    8. Open package of frosting and heat on high in the microwave, stirring thoroughly after every 30
    9. seconds. Do this until the frosting is of a thick, but "pourable" consistency, then pour/spoon
    10. frosting evenly over cake so that it drips down the sides. Use as much or as little as you like. I
    11. typically use about 3/4 can.
    12. Cut and serve.
    "She is the last of her kind, she thought. No wars had ever touched her, and she had lived through three; nothing had disturbed that world of hers, where gentlemen smoked on the porch or in hammocks, where ladies fanned themselves gently and drank cool water." - Jean Louise Finch describing her aunt in 'Go Set a Watchman'

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team always4bama's Avatar

Re: Chocolate Lovers Dream Cake

I love to use box cake mixes and make them "different" easier in my opinion than from scratch- I will try this one - I have a recipe for a chocolate pound cake but this sounds better.

You will not be disappointed!
    "She is the last of her kind, she thought. No wars had ever touched her, and she had lived through three; nothing had disturbed that world of hers, where gentlemen smoked on the porch or in hammocks, where ladies fanned themselves gently and drank cool water." - Jean Louise Finch describing her aunt in 'Go Set a Watchman'

My wife baked one yesterday, very easy and very good!

BamaNation All-SEC happytidefan's Avatar

Staci, I baked this cake on Sunday for my children who came home with me after church for lunch....by Sunday night, it was GONE. It's a keeper recipe!
    nita - Roll Tide Roll!

Quote Originally Posted by happytidefan View Post
    Staci, I baked this cake on Sunday for my children who came home with me after church for lunch....by Sunday night, it was GONE. It's a keeper recipe!
    I'm going to be baking one today, Anita! Glad your family enjoyed it. Mine loves it too!

BamaNation All-SEC Bamafaninco1's Avatar

I made this for today also, my girlfriend loves it also. I think it might be because I cook also.

Preferred frosting? And I've looked everywhere for your recipe with the treats made in a muffin pan with peanut butter cups????

Quote Originally Posted by BamaLuver View Post
    Preferred frosting? And I've looked everywhere for your recipe with the treats made in a muffin pan with peanut butter cups????
    Any frosting brand in a microwaveable container. I usually use Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker. If I use a devil's food cake, I'll soften up the frosting by using milk chocolate. If I use a regular chocolate cake mix, I'll use a chocolate fudge frosting.

I posted the peanut butter cup cookies recipe on your facebook wall!!
    Last edited by SavannahDare; October 17th, 2011 at 05:45 PM.

BamaNation First Team

My wife made this cake today and it was excellent.

I'm making this cake for Christmas, but this time I'm using a red velvet cake mix, all white chocolate chips and a cream cheese frosting/glaze. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Staci, can i come to your house?
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

Quote Originally Posted by SavannahDare View Post
    I'm making this cake for Christmas, but this time I'm using a red velvet cake mix, all white chocolate chips and a cream cheese frosting/glaze. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.
    Forgot to update:
    Making this with the white chocolate chips was a mess. I guess there's something about the white chocolate, but all the chips settled to the bottom of the pan and got stuck on the bottom. The cake itself tasted delicious, but I had wanted white chips throughout the cake and it didn't turn out that way. Oh, well, now I know to stick to my regular chocolate chips.