Baking bread

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Mrs. Reb and I have been discussing the topic of baking our own bread. One thing that got us started on this is that there are only the two of us here now. When we have either hot dogs or hamburgers, we use only a few buns. The rest of the pack eventually goes stale and gets tossed in the trash. Also, the cost of loaf bread is steadily increasing.
So my question is, is it economically feasible for a couple to bake their own bread, and can we realistically expect to save any money by doing so? If so, are there any specific bread baking machines you recommend? How about molds for different types of breads, such as loaves and buns?

ddsmit

Suspended
Jan 3, 2003
Pensacola, FL
When we buy bread we usually freeze it as soon as we get it home, it only takes 15-20 secounds to thaw it in the microwave and it's as good as fresh. We have a bread machine and use it often but I don't think you save money but it's fun! Oh by the way we freeze that too. We haven't thrown bread out in years.

Bread machine will mix and bake,knead your bread for you or you can use the "dough" cycle to make breads like French or Ciabata, shape it by hand and bake in your home oven. We have a "breadman" bread machine and it's about 15 years old. I don't have anything bad to say about it, we love it.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.