Best part of NCAA 2005?

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Well yesterday I asked what was the worst part of the game, now I'm gonna ask about the best parts. Here is my list:

70 man rosters - I love that needed expansion
Big Hit button - Another great addition
User created signs - I would tell you some, but there may be kids on :eek:
Vibrating controllers at away games - Adds a sort of realism
And finally the create your own playbook

Those are my favorite aspects of the new game, what are everyone else's?

kmccoy1

Scout Team
Jul 17, 2003
Alpharetta, GA
AlexanderFan said:
Well yesterday I asked what was the worst part of the game, now I'm gonna ask about the best parts. Here is my list:

70 man rosters - I love that needed expansion
Big Hit button - Another great addition
User created signs - I would tell you some, but there may be kids on :eek:
Vibrating controllers at away games - Adds a sort of realism
And finally the create your own playbook

Those are my favorite aspects of the new game, what are everyone else's?
I think that reducing the total number of 5 star recruits is a little more realistic. Last year, I had some classes with 21 5 star players!

Also, they did a pretty good job of making it tougher for a QB to scramble. Last year, a scrambling QB was absolutely unstoppable. This year, he can be stopped.

One more. Players in certain positions can be faster this year. Last year, you NEVER saw a QB with a speed rating in the 90s. This year, you can. Also, you can have DEs and LBs with much higher speed ratings. Kind of evens things out.

bamafan in TX

Scout Team
Jul 16, 2004
I like the 70 man rosters, definitely helps with creating depth if you have 2 or 3 seniors at one position. That is probably the best new feature, but the big hit button does create some sweet instant replays.

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
I'll echo the 70-man roster. You're now able to actually develop players who may not blossom until their RS Junior or Senior years.

Create-a-sign feature is nice. I've been using it with great hilarity as a way to make a pass at my wife. :)

I'm split over the 'home-field advantage'. While I think it is a cool concept, I end up having to do so much more button mashing while I'm the home team. Gets so annoying after a while that I actually enjoy those away game trips more sometimes.

And don't forget, Xbox Live! support!!! Despite the current nags, it is worth it.

Ozzie4AD

Banned
Jul 27, 2004
An hour east of Heaven
I love the expanded rosters, big hits, and stadium pulse. The recruiting is better this year, if only because it's harder. Create a sign is fun. Suspending players and NCAA interest was a cool add-on, but when you are expected to suspend players every game for violations when they ALL have A+ discipline it kind of takes away from the realism. Especially when the description of Croyle's violation actually said , "There's no need to go into details, but he needs to be suspended." What the @#$& does that mean?

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
70 man rosters
Custom playbook
Rotating conference schedules

The suspensions and player transfers are fun too although they tend to get a little carried away with it at times.

The Tide

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Nashville, TN
70 man roster

Athletes

!!!! Switching positions !!!!! It helps when you fail to sign certain positions and you can move a player there.

Better running game, guards pull, and cuts look good.

Better recruiting.

Well...I love all of the above...and as for the playbooks, I am glad that they included option and triple option plays in every formation.

The only thing that I have a problem with is the commentary...while they added some great commentary that makes it more realistic to listen to after certain plays...they did not manage to make sure that the lines do not repeat in the same game. In 2004, none of the commentary every repeated itself in the same game...the other night in 2005, I heard the same line 3 times in one game.

But, I can handle that to gain all of the other goodies. The only other thing that I wanted was for them to have added one of the pep songs that the band plays while in the stands after a good play.

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
I forgot about position changes. I do love that one! I have a freshman LB that was an 84. I moved him to DE and he is a 92!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.