CBSSports.Com Down on Atlanta's Trade to Get Julio

bilbo

Pro Sports Moderator
Oct 13, 1999
Gulf Shores, AL
I can't say much, but I talked to one of his "advisors" and he said after Julio's foot surgery that he's in the best shape of his career. scary

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Given the Falcons record this year, I think it's a lot harder to argue with the value of the trade right now.
The value of the trade is going to be measured in playoff wins not in regular season record. Julio is definitely a great WR in the NFL but if they don't win playoff games then the consensus would be that the move wasn't worth it.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
The value of the trade is going to be measured in playoff wins not in regular season record. Julio is definitely a great WR in the NFL but if they don't win playoff games then the consensus would be that the move wasn't worth it.
Good point but Julio has made ATL a lot better team and I think they get at least one play-off win this season. They will lose to the Packers in the NFC championship game.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He's a pro-bowler in year two. No regret for finding a pro-bowl caliber player. If they fail in the playoffs, it will be a GM failure on identifying complimentary players within the constraints he created with the Julio draft-day trade. Most draft picks don't end up being one of the best at his position by his second season.

He's a pro-bowler in year two. No regret for finding a pro-bowl caliber player. If they fail in the playoffs, it will be a GM failure on identifying complimentary players within the constraints he created with the Julio draft-day trade. Most draft picks don't end up being one of the best at his position by his second season.
How is it I'm just now finding your insight in year 3 of me being on this board!!

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Perhaps my vision is skewed, but as I recall, WR is one of the positions where rookies rarely make a huge impact compared to other positions.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Fair point. Though it's impossible to know what they would have gotten with the picks they gave up for him. They already had a good offense.

I definitely think it was a good move but I know how media types are.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.