#1 Greatest Game

Rolling Tide

1st Team
May 29, 2002
A, A
www.crimsonphoto.com
I was playing Xbox live last night vs. Auburn I found myself down 21 - 0 going in at half time. Late in the 3rd quarter I got an INT and ran it back to their 20-yard line. 4 plays later I am down 21 - 7.

With 3:00 minutes left in the 4th quarter you guessed it INT. returned to my own 45-yard line. Six plays later I am down 21 - 14.

Kicked off after the score and while he is returning the ball I got a user big hit on him and he fumbled the ball and it was recovered by BAMA on the 13-yard line. One run to the right later and it is now tied 21 - 21.

After kicking off and stopping him on his 22-yard line he drives down the field running the clock down to less than a minute to my 18-yard line with 0:57 left on the clock. He is just trying to run the clock down and kick a winning field goal.

I run a 3-4 Fire defense and he tries an option play and I am going after the QB while Freddie Roach takes out Williams before the pitch. I guess he didn’t see Williams on his back because he pitched the ball anyway. I had 3 guys there to pick up the ball. Bama recovers the ball and gets to my own 38 before Williams runs me down from behind.

There is 0:27 showing on the clock and I run shotgun trips angle and hit Hudson coming across the middle for a huge gain. I am now at their 34-yard line and call time out with 0:19 left on the clock. I run ace normal play action pass and hit Prothro on a sideline route. I get out of bounds and stop the clock with 0:13 showing on the clock. I am now on their 22-yard line left hash mark. I run a counter play to the right to get back to the middle of the field and called my last time out letting the clock run down to 0:03 seconds.

Here is the snap………. The hold……… The kick is up……… ITS LONG ENOUGH.......... IT'S GOOD!!!! IT'S GOOD!!!!!

BAMA WINS 24 – 21!!!!!

Man I love having home field advantage at Jordan-Hare Stadium.

Last edited:

kmccoy1

Scout Team
Jul 17, 2003
Alpharetta, GA
That's awesome, RollingTide! What an amazing comeback. I'm really impressed how you snuffed out his option when the game was on the line.

What's your gamertag? Maybe we can play a Bama on Bama game, and you can give me some pointers!

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
Fellers I wish you could have seen the game I played @ Notre Dame. It was #1 BAMA on the road against #10 ND. I fell behind 21-0 in the first half. I FINALLY threw an 89 yard td strike to Matt Caddell. I trailed 21-7 at the half.

The Tide got it cranked up in the 3rd quarter. I scored another 21 unanswered ponts to go up 28-21. ND then scored and we were tied again.

Anyway, I'll fast forward to less than 1 minute to play. The game is tied 35-35. I have less than 60 ticks on the clock. I THROW A FREAKIN' PICK THAT GETS RETURNED FOR A TD! :eek2:

They are now up 42-35 with only about 32 seconds to go and I have no time outs. On the second play (after they kick off) I throw a 69 yard td to Caddell and tie the game with just a few seconds to play.

I scored a td in OT and I picked off a ND pass to end the game. It was college football at it's finest with the TIDE prevailing! :smile:

kmccoy1

Scout Team
Jul 17, 2003
Alpharetta, GA
Got12 said:
This isn't my #1 greatest game but I beat a friend with William and Mary and he was Southern Miss. I still can't get over the look on his face. :eek2:
That's un-freakin-believable! Southern Miss is actually one of the better middle-tier teams out there. How did you do it? You couldn't possibly have run the ball against them. Did your friend just not know what he was doing?

Maybe I should take William and Mary online! :)

kmccoy1

Scout Team
Jul 17, 2003
Alpharetta, GA
BamaJeff said:
Fellers I wish you could have seen the game I played @ Notre Dame. It was #1 BAMA on the road against #10 ND. I fell behind 21-0 in the first half. I FINALLY threw an 89 yard td strike to Matt Caddell. I trailed 21-7 at the half.

The Tide got it cranked up in the 3rd quarter. I scored another 21 unanswered ponts to go up 28-21. ND then scored and we were tied again.

Anyway, I'll fast forward to less than 1 minute to play. The game is tied 35-35. I have less than 60 ticks on the clock. I THROW A FREAKIN' PICK THAT GETS RETURNED FOR A TD! :eek2:

They are now up 42-35 with only about 32 seconds to go and I have no time outs. On the second play (after they kick off) I throw a 69 yard td to Caddell and tie the game with just a few seconds to play.

I scored a td in OT and I picked off a ND pass to end the game. It was college football at it's finest with the TIDE prevailing! :smile:
Heck, that game should have been on TV!

ashleync

Jun 29, 2001
Pelham, Alabama
My best game ever was on the 2002 NCAA Football game for PS2. I was trailing UCLA 31-16 about mid-way through the 4th to open the 01 season. Got a touchdown and a two-point conversion, which I was usually about 30% successful on. Then, I did an onside kick and recovered it. I am about 2% successful on those. Scored another touchdown, gambled to go for two because there was less than a minute to go. GOT IT!! Now, leading 32-31, they get it back, try 4 mid-to long passes, all falling incomplete, and I win the game 32-31. It was unbelievable. All of this excitement after about 10 beers in Uptown Charlotte that evening before I played!

BamaThunder

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 8, 2001
Mobile, AL
My greatest game ever was the very first one I played on 2005. I started my dynasty and added Florida State as my first game. Keep in mind, my first game, so I'm getting used to it.....I had it on All-American.

Half time, I'm down 21-14. I tie it late in the 4th quarter only to have FSU throw a bomb with about a minute left to go up 28-21. I get the kickoff to about my own 25, with maybe a little over a minute to go. I can't do anything, 4th down and 9......Draw play up the middle, 10 yards, first down. I finally got up to the FSU 40, 4th down, 3 seconds to play, down 28-21. Bomb, Caddell, TD. Extra point good...28-28, headed to OT.

I lose the toss, go on offense first. I get sacked for a 10 yard loss on 3rd down, so I'm 4th and 20 from the 35. I decided to try the same play.....TD!!!! I get so excited I miss the extra point. Score 34-28.

I stop FSU on 4th and 1, from the 15....game over.

I think I got 1839 greatest game points for that. That was quite a first game. Still can't believe I converted three 4th down conversions, and if I hadn't converted all 3, I lose.

ZeusBama

Scout Team
Feb 5, 2002
Tuscaloosa, AL
my greatest game ever was on the original Bill Walsh football (1993) on Sega. Down a FG to Syracuse after a late score by the Orange, I received the kickoff with about 6 seconds to go. I ran it out to about the 25, then dove down with one second to go just so I could have another play, since I wasn't going to return it all the way. We all know the 92 Bama team was not known for its passing offense, but especially on the game. Anyway, I lined up and chunked one down the field (deep outs, maybe? That play was always effective for me). I think Prince Wimbley caught it at about the Syracuse 30, and had to outrun 3 defenders the rest of the way right on his tail as the clock expired. It was one of those 1 in a million plays that actually worked and I must have replayed it about 100 times before exiting the game lol

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.