Anyone have La Noire?

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I bought it Wednesday, and I am enjoying it so far. I am now on disc 2 of 3.
The reviews are pretty much spot on. The facial expressions are the best that have been done in a game to date, and they are crucial to the gameplay.
The first few cases are pretty easy, but I think it may be getting a bit harder and more complex.
It is not an action game. There are action sequences, but they are very easy compared to other Rockstar games like GTA and Red Dead Redemption.
I am way too young to know for sure, but the atmosphere of 1940s L.A. seems authentic.

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
There are 3 game discs?
XBox? I have the ps3 version and it only has one disc.

I like it. It took me awhile to understand what was going on, and just the general flow of the game, but that was just during the tutorial "cases". It makes sense now.

The only thing that I don't like is the third person view, it can be sort of awkward when you are looking for clues sometimes. Like cbi said, they did a good job with the facial expressions, and those are crucial during interrogation (which is hard by the way lol). I also like how the game seems to able to be expanded endlessly with the addition of new "cases", so long as the developer wants to release them. When I bought the game, it came with 2 new cases to add on as soon as the PS Store is back up.

Plus I love this era of American history, and I'm glad they did such a good job on recreating it. There is a statement somewhere in the game that says 90% of 1947 (i think) LA was recreated exactly for this game.

CBag4Bama

1st Team
Sep 22, 2002
Birmingham, AL
Very cool game so far. I'm a little over halfway through it. If you are expecting GTA or RDR you aren't going to get it. It is an open world but it is very story driven. I have explored some but I am more interested in where the story is going.

RollTideinGA

All-SEC
Jun 25, 2002
GA
Its an interesting game. I have the 360 version and it is 3 discs. Doint worry there is no constant disc swapping. When you finish a disk you put the other one in. And I believe after you finish the story you only use disc 1 I think I read. Im almost done with 2 so hopefully I can let you know.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Its an interesting game. I have the 360 version and it is 3 discs. Doint worry there is no constant disc swapping. When you finish a disk you put the other one in. And I believe after you finish the story you only use disc 1 I think I read. Im almost done with 2 so hopefully I can let you know.
If your XBox has a hard drive you can install the game to hard drive, even for games where you do have to swap discs.

To do this, go to "My XBox", select the game, and when it offers the selection of "Play Game" you can wait a little while and get the option to "Install Game"

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I have it on ps3 its only one disc since the machine uses Blu ray. Its fantastic. Its not an action heavy game but there is plenty to be had, and the story line and investigation angle is great.

RollTideinGA

All-SEC
Jun 25, 2002
GA
If your XBox has a hard drive you can install the game to hard drive, even for games where you do have to swap discs.

To do this, go to "My XBox", select the game, and when it offers the selection of "Play Game" you can wait a little while and get the option to "Install Game"
Yeah, I installed all 3 discs before playing. At the end of each disc you have to swap it. I played through the story and got the 100% achievement and traded it in towards NCAA '12. I got $35 for it at Gamestop. So basically for 2 weeks of play I paid $15.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I'm on disc 3, would be finished with it but been playing it with my wife. Very cool game, would love to see more games like it just for a change of pace. My wife is definitely hooked. She loves all the crime drama shows, so its right up her alley.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.