Mark May Tweets that Nick Saban will be the HC @ Ohio State in 2013... (2011 THREAD)

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
Re: Mark May Tweets that Nick Saban will be the HC @ Ohio State in 2013.......

If Nick Saban leaves Alabama for another college football team, then something went seriously wrong in Tuscaloosa. There's just nothing for him to gain by leaving to go to another college, so unless he gets a new boss he hates, or runs afoul of the NCAA or something, there's no way he leaves. It just won't happen and he's not young enough to want to go someplace and rebuild either.

Even the NFL is highly unlikely to be able to get him to leave, if anyone comes along and throws a lot of $s at Saban I doubt Alabama would have much trouble matching, or at least coming close. He's tried the NFL, he likes it at Alabama and things are going great here. I'm not worried in the least.
Not young enough to rebuild????? What would it take him?? Maybe three years tops?

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

The only way Urban Meyer coaches at OSU is if he hates himself.
I know you were not joking, but that is just funny :biggrin:

bamaslaw

All-SEC
Jan 16, 2005
Atlanta, GA

It's not a verified account so it is unlikely that its the real Mark May. And if it is, it's his job to stir the pot, so naturally Saban's name will come up.

In related news, Verne Lundquist has tweeted that Lou Saban will be the OSU coach in 2013.
It's not verified, but it is followed by Joe Schad and Pat Forde - I would say it's potentially real.

That said, he's just pot stirring. But if he ever were to leave, going to Ohio State would be acceptable just to watch the head of the oversigning.com guy explode.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I agree with the prevailing sentiment of the thread that CNS would not go there under the current circumstances, perhaps under any circumstances.

But even if he did, I wouldn't think the world is coming to an end. With the talent he has collected in T-town, we are in shape to win/compete for national titles every year for the forseeable future. On top of that, we could virtually hand select his replacement because any coach in America would have to think hard about not coming to Bama right now. No worries regardless!

CenLA Tiger

Suspended
Apr 6, 2011
Pineville, LA

Not that I think he would head off to OSU by any means but he will leave one day either for retirement or maybe another gig and i will never hold anythign against him i said when he came here if he could get us back in shape like he did LSU that's all i want. He'd done that and more.
Unless he went to a rival school in your division of the conference. So what you're telling me is that if Nick Saban left for Auburn you would be thanking him for the BCS NC and all the good times at Bama? Maybe you would, but I find that hard to believe.

All in all, the only school that Nick will leave Bama for is Penn State and Joe Pa isn't likely to pass away anytime soon. When he does they will pull a "Weekend at Berney's" bait and switch for a few years following.

Rest easy Bama fans, Nick isn't going anywhere. He's too much of an egomaniac and coaches in a state where there are no professional sports teams to compete with. You have deep pockets and a faithful fanbase. He's staying.

The only time that you should be concerned is if you hear him say "I will not be the next head coach at Alaba....I mean Ohio State". Then you know he will be lying through his teeth.

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006

Unless he went to a rival school in your division of the conference. So what you're telling me is that if Nick Saban left for Auburn you would be thanking him for the BCS NC and all the good times at Bama? Maybe you would, but I find that hard to believe.
Hey, remind when Coach Saban left LSU and came to Alabama again?

tripler1

Suspended
Dec 5, 2008

Once you get a statue outside of Bryant Denny, you dont leave alabama.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

All in all, the only school that Nick will leave Bama for is Penn State and Joe Pa isn't likely to pass away anytime soon. When he does they will pull a "Weekend at Berney's" bait and switch for a few years following.

Rest easy Bama fans, Nick isn't going anywhere. He's too much of an egomaniac and coaches in a state where there are no professional sports teams to compete with. You have deep pockets and a faithful fanbase. He's staying.

The only time that you should be concerned is if you hear him say "I will not be the next head coach at Alaba....I mean Ohio State". Then you know he will be lying through his teeth.
Saban left LSU for Miami, he didn't leave LSU for UA.

If Saban left UA for the Cowboys & 3 years down the road came back and started coaching at South Carolina, I wouldn't hate him for it. He brought us back to prominence & if he left, he'd leave the cupboard stocked.

If he left for Auburn, well, that'd be a different story.

I still don't understand why you guys felt so jilted when he left. He brought you guys from out of the depths of the Gerry DiNardo era. You should have a statue for Saban yourselves. He did more for your program over the last 50 years than anyone, yet you still don't like the guy.

Last edited:

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL

So, to summarize:

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

End quote.

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado

CenLA Tiger, you must still be pretty bitter to come over here and try to spark up that argument.... Good grief, just let it go.

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl

Twitter is the bathroom stall of the internet world. Try not to get too riled up, or takes things too seriously there. Lots of fakes, posers and wannabes.
Out of touch with reality geezer. Wake up and get with the 28th century.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

Do I detect a lil whiney boy come over to vent his frustrations from 7 years ago? Get over it already.

Last edited:

CenLA Tiger

Suspended
Apr 6, 2011
Pineville, LA

Hey, remind when Coach Saban left LSU and came to Alabama again?
Not about to get nto a fight on a message board. My point isn't that Nick Saban left LSU and went directly to Bama. That is not the argument at all.

What I am saying is that an excellent coach brings the program back from the bottom tier and then returns to the same conference in the same division, albeit after an unsuccessful stent in the pro's.

You obviously have me mistaken for a corndog that has hate for this man. I for one respect what he was able to do for LSU. The rub is that he returned to a rival school.

I think the same would apply if he left Bama, went to the ......Cardinals?.......and then came back to coach at Auburn or Tennessee.

I guess you totally missed my point. My bad, I will try to be more clear when I post, sorry.

CenLA Tiger

Suspended
Apr 6, 2011
Pineville, LA

If he left for Auburn, well, that'd be a different story.

I still don't understand why you guys felt so jilted when he left. He brought you guys from out of the depths of the Gerry DiNardo era. You should have a statue for Saban yourselves. He did more for your program over the last 50 years than anyone, yet you still don't like the guy.
Ha! See, The Auburn thing WOULD rub you the wrog way! Ha!

LSU fans were not upset that he left, we actually wished him well. It was his return to the SEC West that got many upset. You just said it yourself, if it was Auburn then that would be a different story. Since we don't have an in state rival we just go with a annual opponent.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

LSU fans were not upset that he left, we actually wished him well. It was his return to the SEC West that got many upset. You just said it yourself, if it was Auburn then that would be a different story. Since we don't have an in state rival we just go with a annual opponent.
But we're not your Auburn.

tungi01

1st Team
Apr 17, 2010
Dallas, TX

Not about to get nto a fight on a message board. My point isn't that Nick Saban left LSU and went directly to Bama. That is not the argument at all.

What I am saying is that an excellent coach brings the program back from the bottom tier and then returns to the same conference in the same division, albeit after an unsuccessful stent in the pro's.

You obviously have me mistaken for a corndog that has hate for this man. I for one respect what he was able to do for LSU. The rub is that he returned to a rival school.

I think the same would apply if he left Bama, went to the ......Cardinals?.......and then came back to coach at Auburn or Tennessee.

I guess you totally missed my point. My bad, I will try to be more clear when I post, sorry.
LSU and Bama never had rivalries on the level of our rivalry w/Auburn and Tennessee to a lesser extent. Yes we're in the same division and there is a rivalry now that CNS is rolling w/the Tide but I don't think there was bitter rivalry.

tungi01

1st Team
Apr 17, 2010
Dallas, TX

Not the LSU fans that I talked to @ the time of his initial departure. They were totally upset w/him for leaving period..

CenLA Tiger

Suspended
Apr 6, 2011
Pineville, LA

Do I detect a lil whiney boy come over to vent his frustrations from 7 years ago? Get over it already.
I don't think so. If I sound that way I certainly don't mean to.

Since he left we have had 4 ten win seasons, a BCS National Championship, an SEC Title, a Sugar Bowl Title, are 5-1 in bowla, have a better record with the current coach, and are 2/2 against him at Bama with a win last year. We are very pleased with our 11-2 season last year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.