Gamethread: Bama vs. Florida

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
I'm disappointed too, but we were two wins from the national championship. Some days just aren't your days. I have no idea what you want to demand from the coach that built a powerhouse program. He has his way which has worked in many situations. I'd rather praise him and the team for a great season than talk about questions that "need to be asked."
It certainly is convenient to say "it wasn't our day" when we get blasted 25-4 in the two most important games of the season by your conference rival. We were effectively out of it by the first inning of every game. Florida wanted it more than us and it certainly showed. I lay that responsibility on the coach.

I'm not calling for his job but I'm frustrated by coming up short yet again. Especially today after the way we played Thurs and Fri to set us up. Unfortunately, we couldn't close out our bracket for the third time.

CrimsonBleedRed

All-American
Nov 24, 2007
United States
The sports gods are really getting on my nerves. I had to watch the stinkin' Packers beat the Bears at Soldier Field. I hated watching the Miami Heat celebrated a series clinching win against the Bulls. And it's making me sick to watch UF completed dominated Bama in two games to get to the championship game. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh.

Here's to ASU stump a mudhole in UF.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
It certainly is convenient to say "it wasn't our day" when we get blasted 25-4 in the two most important games of the season by your conference rival. We were effectively out of it by the first inning of every game. Florida wanted it more than us and it certainly showed. I lay that responsibility on the coach.

I'm not calling for his job but I'm frustrated by coming up short yet again. Especially today after the way we played Thurs and Fri to set us up. Unfortunately, we couldn't close out our bracket for the third time.

I disagree with this view completely. I have watched several games in this series I have never seen such a wide disparity in the strike zone in my life. The ump was practically forcing our pitchers to throw it down the pipe for strikes. I know how this sounds but the commentators made mention of it and even watched the games with some *U fans who said we were getting hosed. I believe the girls knew this was combination of a tough team and impossible ump and they just werent going to get past it.

I have played in HS football and basketball games before and there were certain officials that were not going to let you win the game no matter what you did.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I think this is a fairly ridiculous statement.
Only because the answer is so obvious. The girls got a day off so they took in the sights (and the cheesecake). In doing so they got relaxed and lost their focus. They made the mistake of dismissing the seriousness of the Lady Gators, who had already lost one game, and thought they could finish them off in the first game.
Big Mistake...... By the time the first inning was over, the Tide looked (and probably felt) like someone had sucker punched them and kicked them in the face to boot. At that point, the game was essentially over. Their hopes dashed, the Tide had lost the will to win.
After that the rest was mere formality.
And I agree. CPM looked like he was on a vacation, kicking back and catching some rays, not coaching in the WCWS.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Looking at the bright side......

I won't have to listen to the announcers kiss the butt of the Pac 10/12/whatever, for another year.

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
I was talking about the homers. Unfortunately, as good as Kelsi is and as much as she has accomplished, her legacy will always be "she couldn't win the big one" (especially against Florida). I live in Central Florida and my daughter played against her in high school. Kelsi never won a high school state championship either. Always choked the big one.
Interesting.

Seems like our whole program just can't win the big one. I'm proud of them, but man, it sure would be nice to get over that hump.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Well, it looks like someone wearing orange and blue had their total focus on Bama and forgot they had to play any more games. The lizards are getting thumped 11-0 by ASU. Sweet... maybe they'll score another half dozen or so.

For all of you riding Coach Murphy's backside yesterday... shame on you. That was the equivalent of saying we needed to talk about questions that 'need to be asked' re Coach Saban after losing a 24 point lead last fall. CPM is a class act and a terrific coach, I'm glad to have him in Tuscaloosa, but to each his own I guess.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
For all of you riding Coach Murphy's backside yesterday... shame on you. That was the equivalent of saying we needed to talk about questions that 'need to be asked' re Coach Saban after losing a 24 point lead last fall. CPM is a class act and a terrific coach, I'm glad to have him in Tuscaloosa, but to each his own I guess.
I agree, I'm proud to have Coach Murphy at Bama and am happy with his progress. We'd be crazy to even think of a coaching change.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Does anyone besides me think that the Florida players are using performance enhancing drugs? Do they even test the women? I noticed several of the UF players had facial hair and had slight excess fat under their chins, both of which is a tell of steroid use. Moultrie and the player on 3rd base I noticed in particular. Both pitchers had excess fat under their chin.

I certainly do not know, but they led the NCAA in home runs this year by a significant number I believe. It may be just that they have Kelsi's number. Kelsi has a mental block when it comes to Florida.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN

Agreed.

No one is calling for CPM's head. But it only takes pay a little attention to see that we have had some mental deficiencies at the absolute worst times.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Agreed.

No one is calling for CPM's head. But it only takes pay a little attention to see that we have had some mental deficiencies at the absolute worst times.
I agree too. But after watching the two games between Florida and Arizona State.... perhaps we just need to realize there's still a long way to go before we're a NC program. The Pac 10 is still so far ahead, it seems.

BamaBuff24

1st Team
May 2, 2000
FWB, FL USA
After tonite's game, the SEC is still way behind the PAC. As you know, CNS and CBS got together and talked about football. CPB and CDR got together and talked about the wishbone offense. Has CPM or CTW talked with a team from the PAC or Big 12 about how to get to the next step? Share some secrets. Just asking. Good season girls! Roll Tide!

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Agreed.

Which goes along with what I posted. If your team has that type of issues during such an important game, wouldn't you expect the coach to do a little bit more than just stand at the fence and watch the scenery?

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I've been to a good number of games and it isn't CPM at all. Hate to say it Kelsi Dunn was the biggest head case I've ever seen. And whenever Rolo showed up she was even worse. I think Traina has the kind of mentality we need. Hopefully Kelsi didn't pass down the Florida block to Traina in the WCWS.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I've been to a good number of games and it isn't CPM at all. Hate to say it Kelsi Dunn was the biggest head case I've ever seen. And whenever Rolo showed up she was even worse. I think Traina has the kind of mentality we need. Hopefully Kelsi didn't pass down the Florida block to Traina in the WCWS.
Well if she was that bad then she should have told Rolo to stay away from the games, thats not a valid excuse to me. You shouldnt be worrying about "who" is in the stands PERIOD.

I dont think we have to worry about Traina being a head case. She's a gamer.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.