BREAKING NEWS: Pat Murphy Backs Out of Decision to Go to LSU

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
People make bad quick-decisions all the time in this world. Many times, you don't have the luxury of changing your mind -- Coach Murphy was allowed to.......I'll give him room to reverse his mistake -- I'd rather he want to be in Bama -- and I think that he's allowed ONE mistake of this magnitude...... but just one (ha!)

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
You do realize, don't you, that 7 of UF's starters were from California? Is that what you're wishing on us?
What would I be wishing on us? Most of our girls are from out of state anyways. 4 of 17 on our current roster are from Alabama. I dont care where they are from as long as he finally beats UF.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I don't think it was about money as Bama matched LSWho's offer. The fact that he is underappreciated was probably behind it. Anything the softball program has needed CPM has raised the funds. The athletic dept hasn't helped much! CMM only cares about football!
Pure conjecture.
Let's say, then, that while he may 'care' about the other sports, he doesn't put the same energy into all sports. The Coach Wells fiasco and the state of The Joe tell me all I need to know about he feels towards sports other than football and men's basketball.

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
Let's say, then, that while he may 'care' about the other sports, he doesn't put the same energy into all sports. The Coach Wells fiasco and the state of The Joe tell me all I need to know about he feels towards sports other than football and men's basketball.
We have a great Softball Stadium (one of the nicest in the nation). We need to add more seating. I would like to see them do away with the backstop post & use a guide wire to put the net back & up. Its not a case of keeping up with the Jones', its a case of staying ahead of the Jones'.

grlindsey08

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2010
Jasper, AL
I have to say, LSU's AD could have shown a little more class in his response to Murphy's decision to come back. While I understand his "disappointment," would Mal Moore have responded in the same way if the situation were reversed? I feel he should have said something more along the lines of "he obviously wasn't the guy we were looking for", "best of luck to him and we hope he's making the right decision," etc. In my opinion, it wasn't a very professional response.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.