BREAKING NEWS: Pat Murphy Backs Out of Decision to Go to LSU

TidePride50

3rd Team
Jan 16, 2010
Not sure I would want him back after that. Doesn't show a lot of devotion.
I think it shows that he was never at peace with his decision in the first place and his heart was in Bama the whole time. Now I just want to see him get us over the hump and be the first SEC school to win the WCWS.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I'm glad he's still here. I like his style of softball. As an umpire, albeit from days of yore, I appreciate how he handles himself on the field.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Dont get me wrong I'm glad too, but why did he take the job then decided not to? Lots of questions to be asked. Who is to say he wont do this next year? Whats the deal is what I'm wondering.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Hopefully, Murphy and AD Moore will release a statement that explains everything sufficiently. Until then, I'll withhold comment.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Coach Murphy is not the first coach to ever have a change of heart, nor is he likely to be the last. Who hasn't had second thoughts about leaving a job for another, especially leaving a job you like. I once left a job I had held for 11 years, and all during that period before actually leaving, I wondered if I was doing the right thing. For me, it's not that hard a scenario to understand.

Rolltide.com has an article up with comments from Coach Moore and Coach Murphy.

BamaBeta

All-SEC
Sep 18, 2008
Atlanta
I'm glad he changed his mind. It honestly just looks like a raise was all he was after considering how much LSU was giving him. I am nervous about post 2012, though.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.