In His New Book, Chizik Says His Move to AU Was an "Appointment by God" - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: In His New Book, Chizik Says His Move to AU Was an "Appointment by God"

Quote Originally Posted by willie52 View Post
    Reminds me of the words in a song........................"if you want to hear God laugh tell him your plans". I'm sure he is getting a big chuckle out of the religous fervor on the plains. It's to the point of being completely nauseating. CGS should ask God for some teeth while he's at it.
    You might need to edit your post to coach cheezit instead of Stallings!

BamaNation All-American willie52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 45longcolt View Post
    You might need to edit your post to coach cheezit instead of Stallings!
    Thanks - I did and now I have to beg forgiveness from Coach Stallings. Lord forgive me for even putting him in the same sentence with the Barn.
    Please stand behind our troops or feel free to stand in front of them.

BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar

God isn't interested in football. He might be interested in football players, coaches, other individuals, his desire is always that they glorify him with their life. Since Auburn winning means someone else has to lose and he loves all of us, invoking God in a teams success isn't really meaningful. God may help you as an individual be successful but the results of the games are due to preparation, talent and random luck.

Lets hope we all have plenty of all three this year.
    BS 1989

I can see where he's coming from. It was God's Will to put Jonah in the belly of a whale.

There are many Gods. The God of Fire. The God of Wind. The God of Sun. Cheese's God, if I'm not mistaken, is the God of Rino Dung. He sure is full of it.
    "Historic teams come and go in college football, but Alabama is beginning to feel more like air. Its just there. All the time. And there is nothing anyone can do about it."

BamaNation All-American RollTide2U's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Forrest View Post
    This reminded me of a story I heart about a preacher. He was trying to decided if God was calling him to preach. So, one morning as he was walking to the barn to milk he asked the Lord for a sign. "Lord, if you are calling me to preach then let the cow kick the milk bucket over while I am milking."

Well, the cow kicked the bucket over and he became a preacher.

Wow! That story is eerily similar to how Chizik got hired as Auburn's coach! Except, as I heard it, Pat Dye was milking the cow, lost his pants in the barn, he kicked the bucket over while he was underneath the cow looking for them, the cow kicked him in the head and he came out of the barn and told Jay Jacobs "Hire Gene Cheezit".
    "The first person I would like to thank is the good Lord, for giving me the ability to play the game of football. Because without the ability to play the game I would have been at Auburn." -- Marty Lyons

BamaNation First Team AUTigers001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide2U View Post
    Wow! That story is eerily similar to how Chizik got hired as Auburn's coach! Except, as I heard it, Pat Dye was milking the cow, lost his pants in the barn, he kicked the bucket over while he was underneath the cow looking for them, the cow kicked him in the head and he came out of the barn and told Jay Jacobs "Hire Gene Cheezit".
    Umm... What is... ah -- nevermind.

BamaNation All-American CrimsonBleedRed's Avatar

When asked about Chizik comments about it being "God's appointment" that lead Chizik to *U, God responded with: "Hey you can't blame that crap on me. Try the guy downstairs."
    The quote of the week came when Upshaw noted the AU coaching staff was still recruiting him. They said I could come to AU and be another Quentin Groves. I told them that I could go to Alabama and be another Quentin Groves, he said.

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerjess View Post
    Is this a picture of Paul Slimebomb while he listens to the never ending calls from the Barners?

News|BB|FB|REC
    Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by teamplayer View Post
    I hope Chizik is sincere in his Christian beliefs, but it is hard not to laugh at a guy who professes such strong beliefs out of one side of his mouth while asking parents to let their boys come on recruiting trips alone out of the other side of his mouth. I would think a strong Christian man who works at a place that preaches family would want the parents around to help guide their children to becoming upstanding citizens. The hypocrisy is just too thick to ignore.
    I think Chizik is coaching AU in pretty much the same style that OSU Jim Tressel coached. It is pray at every opportunity and praise god as often as possible. Which there is nothing wrong with that. But then the coaching style of see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, run off the energy vampires, deny any involvement if anything goes wrong style of coaching will get you in trouble. That will catch up with you at some point for sure.

BamaNation All-American RollTide2U's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by b2v4ua View Post
    Is this a picture of Paul Slimebomb while he listens to the never ending calls from the Barners?
    That photo is of F-bUM as he listens to another round of drivel from I-Man. Tammy had just called before that.
    "The first person I would like to thank is the good Lord, for giving me the ability to play the game of football. Because without the ability to play the game I would have been at Auburn." -- Marty Lyons

I think the ghostwriter screwed up the quote. What he really said was "It was an appointment, by God..."
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I think the ghostwriter screwed up the quote. What he really said was "It was an appointment, by God..."
    LOL! Goodun Earle!
    "Every picture tells a story,don't it"

Oklahoma will begin working with the Pacific Institute after this season.

"(Oklahoma coach) Bob Stoops' words to me were, 'I want exactly what Alabama got,'" Richardson said.

"The university of awebarn!" CNS, 03-06-10

The University of Alabama........keeping the trophy industry busy since 1924! RTR!!!

"I'm just too damn old to start over somewhere else"! CNS 09.19.13