In His New Book, Chizik Says His Move to AU Was an "Appointment by God" - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar

Re: In His New Book, Chizik Says His Move to AU Was an "Appointment by God"

Barners better be bracing for some Old Testament-style wrath. Locusts and whatnot are heading to the plains.
    Bodhi

Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

What amazes me is the title, "All In: What it Takes to be the Best." How does buying one championship team make Cheeze-Nip the best? It should more accurately read "All In: What it Takes to buy the Best." If that's so how about the coaches that win honestly? CNS should be working on a trilogy and CPB should have authored an encyclopedia set by now.

I guss it's another one of his God proclamations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Barners better be bracing for some Old Testament-style wrath. Locusts and whatnot are heading to the plains.
    Did the REC send them down there ?

Suspended

Make no mistake, I was humbled by Auburn's decision. And I knew this had to be a God appointment because this whole thing just didn't make sense otherwise. I knew God had to be behind opening this door — there was no other way it would have been opened," Chizik said in the book.
    I understand God's patience with the wicked, but I do wonder how he can be so patient with the pious...

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_B View Post
    What amazes me is the title, "All In: What it Takes to be the Best." How does buying one championship team make Cheeze-Nip the best? It should more accurately read "All In: What it Takes to buy the Best." If that's so how about the coaches that win honestly? CNS should be working on a trilogy and CPB should have authored an encyclopedia set by now.

I guss it's another one of his God proclamations.
    "All In" is just another way of saying that you are willing to do anything and risk everything to win...

BamaNation All-American

Sheeez!!
    I'm sure Cheesesteak isn't the first to do so, but isn't it sacrilegious to refer to Bobby Lowder as God?

BamaNation Hall of Fame TommyMac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide2U View Post
    Wow! That story is eerily similar to how Chizik got hired as Auburn's coach! Except, as I heard it, Pat Dye was milking the cow, lost his pants in the barn, he kicked the bucket over while he was underneath the cow looking for them, the cow kicked him in the head and he came out of the barn and told Jay Jacobs "Hire Gene Cheezit".
    And one day, the entire booger nation will be crying over that spilt milk.
    "I'm just a simple plowhand from Arkansas, but I've learned over the years how to hold a team together, how to lift some men up, how to calm others down, until finally they've got one heartbeat, together, a team."

Coach Bryant

I did not realize that Lowder's nickname on the plains is "God" .. but good to know
    The guitar's all well and good John but you'll never make a living out of it.
    - (1956) Aunt Mimi to John Lennon

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

While doing a search, I came across this thread that I bumped merely for the comedic value.

"And the Lord God repented of that which he hath appointed to Auburn."

Or something like that.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation All-American BamaBuc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BAMAFAN IN NY View Post
    I agree with him.. and also... God hates Auburn
    I can think of a lot of other things that God could spend his time Hating, that would be far more worthwhile...!
    “Show Class, Have Pride And Display Character. If You Do, Winning Takes Care Of Itself.” - Paul 'Bear' Bryant

BamaNation All-American BamaBuc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by b2v4ua View Post
    Wow! God and his profound love of AU over everyone else in the entire college football world. Is AU the "chosen" team. Will no one else ever be better than AU.
    Was Cam also chosen by God and sent there to win a NC. Are there more players sent to AU by God....
    The short answers would be YES!
    BUT God didn't realize that his, (Cams), father was trying, at the same time, to get money for their Church...!
    As for other players sent there by God, I would have to say maybe the ones that have one foot in hell...
    “Show Class, Have Pride And Display Character. If You Do, Winning Takes Care Of Itself.” - Paul 'Bear' Bryant

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by b2v4ua View Post
    Wow! God and his profound love of AU over everyone else in the entire college football world. Is AU the "chosen" team. Will no one else ever be better than AU. Was Cam also chosen by God and sent there to win a NC. Are there more players sent to AU by God....
    Their 2010 season was definitely affected by the spirit world, but one would have to look downwards for their benefactor...

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by teamplayer View Post
    I hope Chizik is sincere in his Christian beliefs, but it is hard not to laugh at a guy who professes such strong beliefs out of one side of his mouth while asking parents to let their boys come on recruiting trips alone out of the other side of his mouth. I would think a strong Christian man who works at a place that preaches family would want the parents around to help guide their children to becoming upstanding citizens. The hypocrisy is just too thick to ignore.
    Chizik's statements remind me a lot of Hugh Freeze. Be wary of someone that goes real heavy on the religious side, he's likely hiding something or over-compensating for guilt. Anyone associated with that program back in 2010, knows that how slimey that program was (and still is). I laughed every time they used the "All-In" slogan. Anyone associated with gambling knows that that is the equivalent to Admiral Farragut's famous "Dang the torpedoes, Full speed ahead!" mentality...