In His New Book, Chizik Says His Move to AU Was an "Appointment by God"

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
God isn't interested in football. He might be interested in football players, coaches, other individuals, his desire is always that they glorify him with their life. Since Auburn winning means someone else has to lose and he loves all of us, invoking God in a teams success isn't really meaningful. God may help you as an individual be successful but the results of the games are due to preparation, talent and random luck.

Lets hope we all have plenty of all three this year.

RollTide2U

All-American
Oct 30, 2010
St. Florian, Alabama
This reminded me of a story I heart about a preacher. He was trying to decided if God was calling him to preach. So, one morning as he was walking to the barn to milk he asked the Lord for a sign. "Lord, if you are calling me to preach then let the cow kick the milk bucket over while I am milking."

Well, the cow kicked the bucket over and he became a preacher.

Wow! That story is eerily similar to how Chizik got hired as Auburn's coach! Except, as I heard it, Pat Dye was milking the cow, lost his pants in the barn, he kicked the bucket over while he was underneath the cow looking for them, the cow kicked him in the head and he came out of the barn and told Jay Jacobs "Hire Gene Cheezit".

AUTigers001

1st Team
Feb 3, 2010
Wow! That story is eerily similar to how Chizik got hired as Auburn's coach! Except, as I heard it, Pat Dye was milking the cow, lost his pants in the barn, he kicked the bucket over while he was underneath the cow looking for them, the cow kicked him in the head and he came out of the barn and told Jay Jacobs "Hire Gene Cheezit".
Umm... What is... ah -- nevermind.

CrimsonBleedRed

All-American
Nov 24, 2007
United States
When asked about Chizik comments about it being "God's appointment" that lead Chizik to *U, God responded with: "Hey you can't blame that crap on me. Try the guy downstairs."

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
I hope Chizik is sincere in his Christian beliefs, but it is hard not to laugh at a guy who professes such strong beliefs out of one side of his mouth while asking parents to let their boys come on recruiting trips alone out of the other side of his mouth. I would think a strong Christian man who works at a place that preaches family would want the parents around to help guide their children to becoming upstanding citizens. The hypocrisy is just too thick to ignore.
I think Chizik is coaching AU in pretty much the same style that OSU Jim Tressel coached. It is pray at every opportunity and praise god as often as possible. Which there is nothing wrong with that. But then the coaching style of see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, run off the energy vampires, deny any involvement if anything goes wrong style of coaching will get you in trouble. That will catch up with you at some point for sure.

Glenn_B

1st Team
May 31, 2010
Lost in Tennessee
What amazes me is the title, "All In: What it Takes to be the Best." How does buying one championship team make Cheeze-Nip the best? It should more accurately read "All In: What it Takes to buy the Best." If that's so how about the coaches that win honestly? CNS should be working on a trilogy and CPB should have authored an encyclopedia set by now. :conf2:

I guss it's another one of his God proclamations.

0LDSCH00L

Suspended
Sep 8, 2010
Make no mistake, I was humbled by Auburn's decision. And I knew this had to be a God appointment because this whole thing just didn't make sense otherwise. I knew God had to be behind opening this door — there was no other way it would have been opened," Chizik said in the book.
I understand God's patience with the wicked, but I do wonder how he can be so patient with the pious...

0LDSCH00L

Suspended
Sep 8, 2010
What amazes me is the title, "All In: What it Takes to be the Best." How does buying one championship team make Cheeze-Nip the best? It should more accurately read "All In: What it Takes to buy the Best." If that's so how about the coaches that win honestly? CNS should be working on a trilogy and CPB should have authored an encyclopedia set by now. :conf2:

I guss it's another one of his God proclamations.
"All In" is just another way of saying that you are willing to do anything and risk everything to win...

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
And one day, the entire booger nation will be crying over that spilt milk. ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.