In His New Book, Chizik Says His Move to AU Was an "Appointment by God"

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Chizik is absolutely right. His hiring at *U is proof that God loves all Alabama fans and wants us to be happy.:tongue:

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Do you think that he would want to be called Pope Cheezitbarner the 1st? Let's all bow our heads and pray the gray smoke does not come out of the AU athletic building anytime soon.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
This reminded me of a true story I heard about a preacher. He was trying to decide if God was calling him to preach. So, one morning as he was walking to the barn to milk he asked the Lord for a sign. "Lord, if you are calling me to preach then let the cow kick the milk bucket over while I am milking."

Well, the cow kicked the bucket over and he became a preacher.

I would have wanted a different sign. It is not an uncommon thing for a cow to kick the milk bucket. Ours used to kick it a few times a year. Chiz reminded me of that story by not realizing the Auburn probram was in a bad way after all the Jetgate and Tubby trouble with the new spread and Tony Franklin mess. I am no authority on how God works and the signs he uses, I am just saying I would have wanted a sign that does not occur by natural circumstances.

Last edited:

swamptroll

1st Team
Jan 4, 2007
*U should schedule a pre season game with Notre Dame each year to see which team God loves the
most. The winner would receive the prestigious Bobby Lowder trophy and have the inside track to the NC.

Cleburne

1st Team
Jun 16, 2011
Heart of Dixie
People are funny, most people will run to God just when trouble starts to hit. Once the trouble is gone then they will turn away from God. Sounds like Cheeseit is expecting some trouble to come his way.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Says the guy who invites strippers to his recruiting "events."
I hope Chizik is sincere in his Christian beliefs, but it is hard not to laugh at a guy who professes such strong beliefs out of one side of his mouth while asking parents to let their boys come on recruiting trips alone out of the other side of his mouth. I would think a strong Christian man who works at a place that preaches family would want the parents around to help guide their children to becoming upstanding citizens. The hypocrisy is just too thick to ignore.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
Reminds me of the words in a song........................"if you want to hear God laugh tell him your plans". I'm sure he is getting a big chuckle out of the religous fervor on the plains. It's to the point of being completely nauseating. CGC should ask God for some teeth while he's at it.

Last edited:

45longcolt

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2007
Warrior 35180
Reminds me of the words in a song........................"if you want to hear God laugh tell him your plans". I'm sure he is getting a big chuckle out of the religous fervor on the plains. It's to the point of being completely nauseating. CGS should ask God for some teeth while he's at it.
You might need to edit your post to coach cheezit instead of Stallings!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.