I have finally determined....

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
What is wrong with this game. It takes ordinary football ocurrences (tackles, completed passes etc.) and makes them rare occurences while extraordinary occurences (four foot jumps, swatting at balls with back to the ball, tipped balls that look like volleyball matches etc) happen all the time.

I have a problem with dropped passes while the computer catches just about everything no matter how hard they are hit. I cant get my guys to jump for high balls and they barely reach their arms out for a ball three feet in front of them. The computer's O-line picks up most (80%) of blitzes while my guys cant even switch when one LB comes. Does anyone else have problems like this? I play on All American, so I cant imagine what Hiesman is like. :rolleyes:

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Heisman is a pain...but I put it on it from Day One and adapt to it...its much tougher on 05 than 04....i won a championship already so its possible to overcome those things....if you want a quick fix, go to AI under settings and lower the computer's ability on certain things

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
Go to this thread on the maddenmania.com forum. It has slider settings for the different levels of game difficulty. WolverineManiac has the best All-American sliders. I haven't tried any other difficulty levels yet.

ashleync

Jun 29, 2001
Pelham, Alabama
Queasy1, thanks for posting that link. I am not able to get into it, and would like a username or password. Do I need to sign up? I do not have the game yet, but expect to get that game, along with Madden next week.

Oh, and I know for a fact that someone is buying me ESPN 2k5 for my birthday, next week. That game, though not as deep as Madden, is on the top for game play. I rented it a couple weeks ago and it is addictive.

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
ashleync - yeah, I'd go ahead and register just for the sake of going to that site for information.

Here's WolverineManiac's slider settings for All-American though.

Creator:WM

Difficulty: All American
Version 3.0
Quarter Length: 9 Minutes

OFFENSE

Hum

QB ACC: 8(Depends on the users skill level could be higher)
Pass Blocking: 8(Just about right for me, adjust as you see fit)
WR Catching: 18(20 if things really get out of hand)
RB Ability: 8
Run Blocking: 12(lower if you a master at the ground game)

CPU

QB ACC: 18
Pass Blocking: 10
WR Catching: 18
RB Ability: 18(lower, why? not enough fumbles)
Run Blocking: 18(lower, why? LB's not getting off of blocks to make tackles)

DEFENSE

Hum

Awareness: 2(7-8 should be the max for this)
Knockdowns: 2
Interceptions: 8(Im not getting many, if you're a stud lower it)
Break Block: 5
Tackling: 5

CPU

CPU AWR: 14
Knockdowns: 4
Interceptions: 10
Breakblock: 12
Tackling: 12

Special Teams

Human

FG Length: 10
FG Accuracy: 8

Punt Length: 10
Punt Accuracy: 8

Kickoff Length: 10

CPU

FG Length: 11
FG Accuracy: 10

Punt Length: 11
Punt Accuracy: 12

Kickoff Length: 11

PENALTIES:

False Start- 8
Holding-7
Face Mask-7
Off Pass Inter-9
Def Pass Inter-9
Clipping-2
Inten Ground-5
Roughing Passer-6
Roughing Kicker-6
Unsportsmanlike Conduct-4

Auto sub

80%
85%

Side notes

Also folks dont forget to tweak your "Defensive Coach Sliders" in dynasty mode before each game to match your opponents playing style.

example:

Michigan-vs-Minny
Run: 20% Pass: 80%

Example 2:

Michigan-vs-Purdue
Run: 30-40% Pass: 70-60%

CPU defensive AWR is at 14 however depending on your skill level you could drop it as low as 2. I have it at 14 because my offense is really good. The difference between 14 and 2, well at 14 the cpu defense jumps on everything(maybe too early) and on 2 the cpu defense still plays good defense but their reaction time is a little bit more realistic. hope that helps

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
bamadrum1 said:
What system are these settings for? TIA
Shouldn't matter. Should work the same for PS2 and Xbox. The only difference between the two is graphics, controllers, and online play.

But, I'm playing with these settings on the Xbox.

Maybe I am missing something or just do not understand, but how is it that the slider settings for the CPU are higher than for HUMAN? Isn't that backward?...or, at least for the way I am thinking...isn't it harder to win on the All-American and Heisman levels, so you have to adjust the human higher in order to compete with the cpu??

Someone explain where I am going wrong with this....

RollTideinGA

All-SEC
Jun 25, 2002
GA
offensivecoordinator said:
Maybe I am missing something or just do not understand, but how is it that the slider settings for the CPU are higher than for HUMAN? Isn't that backward?...or, at least for the way I am thinking...isn't it harder to win on the All-American and Heisman levels, so you have to adjust the human higher in order to compete with the cpu??

Someone explain where I am going wrong with this....

No in some casesthe CPU sliders should be higher than the HUMAN. Look at how difficult it i for the CPU to run the ball effectively. So you bump up the CPU run block and RB Ability. Then if that doesnt work you lower the Human break block, tackle, and awareness on defense.

The QB's ar erratic so you increase the QB accuracy, but lower the pass block by 1.

It really depends on the player. I constantly adjust the sliders in the game iff its too easy. Obviously if Im playing a Div 2 school I should dominate, but when playing Tennessee I shoule "struggle" to win.

The levels really dont matter. I believe NCAA 2005 is better played on Varisty with modified sliders. I have had some good games on that. The Heisman is nothing more than the game exessively sped up with CPU cheats like a 300lb lineman chasing down a WR downfield.

Its only harder on Heisman and AA because the speed is increased out of control. Not neccisarily tru that those settings are harder. Adjust the AI and penlty sliders for best results. My sliders may not work for you, and vice versa.

Last edited:
Thanks. I do agree about the CPU's running game, but what ticks me off is their passing game...and it never matters who it is...it could be 1AA Southeast and they will pass for several hundred yards in a game.

I have been adjusting my sliders, but I will adjust for the CPU running game now that you mention it. And, I completely agree with you about the Heisman level...it is insane. That level is not fun because the play is over before you can focus on what is happening.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
My pet peeve has risen again........

How's this one?

Bama vs. Viles in T-town. My self made Zeke Knight (nothing too fancy 93 spd and 76 ovr as a freshman, sophmore now 80 ovr.) goes deep and blows by Jason Allen (for once). Croyle steps back, counts to three and lobs a beautiful bomb that actually goes down the sideline like the wheel route is supposed to. The ball is falling out of the sky when Allen covers the three yards between he and Zeke in TWO STRIDES, tips the ball into the air, turns around and does a volleyball dig that launches the ball straight into the air towards the safety who is ten yards behind the play and proceeds to land on the ground and outrun the ball to the safety jump into the air and intercept it before the safety can. Needless to say I turned the game off and am in the process of determining whether I should turn it back on again. Can anyone top that interception? :p

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.