Casey Anthony Verdict In

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Saw this on another forum and thought it perfectly stated:

I'm going to make one post on the subject, and not another word after it.

Yesterday we had fireworks and bands and beer and hot dogs to celebrate the fact that 235 years ago, we stood up and said "We're not going to do things the same way as it's been done before." Today that was proven in our court system.

A person went on trial, to be judged by a jury of her peers, with representation on both sides. The accused, even after spending more than two years in jail, was considered INNOCENT from the moment she walked in the door. The accuser - in this case, the state of FL - had the burden to proven that SHE was the person responsible for a death. They failed to do that. The defense has NOTHING to prove - EVER - in a criminal court in the US.

The defendant is ALWAYS innocent unless and until a jury finds otherwise, beyond a reasonable doubt. It doesn't matter what you think. What you FEEL doesn't weigh in court decisions. It shouldn't. It CAN'T. Courtrooms are not ruled by passion, they're ruled by provable, incontrovertible FACTS. Those facts were NOT present in this case, and the men and women on the jury decided that.

For those of you screaming about the "injustice" that happened, you couldn't be further from the truth. 'Justice' is not synonymous with 'punishment'. That's not the way it works. And if you don't have the ability to set aside your emotional responses to serve impartially, I pray you NEVER get called for jury duty for anyone I know and care about. I would prefer a trial to a lynch mob that so many seem to want in this case.

Justice is blind. It cares not for the PASSION of the people, but for the FACTS. This is what separates us from other nations that we mock and ridicule. This is what it means to be "innocent until proven guilty."

happytidefan

All-SEC
Jul 24, 2008
Columbus, Mississippi
It's a well known fact that I am least likely to embrace a Gator fan no matter their creds. I just ain't never met one I like. So I have rationalized it this way: Watching her prance around in that National Championship tee shirt made my blood boil. I have therefore reached the profound conclusion that the jury was all Gator fans. Meh, enuf said. No more debate for me. I have resolved my issues with this whole clusterpluck.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
It's a well known fact that I am least likely to embrace a Gator fan no matter their creds. I just ain't never met one I like. So I have rationalized it this way: Watching her prance around in that National Championship tee shirt made my blood boil. I have therefore reached the profound conclusion that the jury was all Gator fans. Meh, enuf said. No more debate for me. I have resolved my issues with this whole clusterpluck.
I see what you did there. :)

RollTide2U

All-American
Oct 30, 2010
St. Florian, Alabama
Saw this on another forum and thought it perfectly stated:
I heard 2 different law enforcement officers say essentially the same thing on 2 different talk shows. They both contended that the system DID work. It worked because we err on the side of caution in our system instead of just coming to guilt or innocence verdicts based on emotions - innocent till proven guilty. Sometimes, as a result, the guilty get off. But the system itself works as it should.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
The jury found the defense of a known, habitual, and well documented liar more truthful/credible than the evidence...and what did they nail her on?

Lying.

I

It's On A Slab

you callin NYBF a killer?
I don't think calling him a killer a killer ever bothered him. Heck, he took on two batallions of VC with nothing but a K-bar and a couple of flat river rocks.

Calling him a liar? Them was fightin' words to NYBF.

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
She was a known liar; she was convicted for lying. Where's the disconnect?

Known liar != murderer
No, but in this case common sense points to her lies covering up some sort of foul play. You can't hide from the fact that she lied for over a month about her child being missing/dead. All the while she was out enjoying the Orlando nightlife.

Just with OJ, the jury found her not guilty. That's the system we live in and we must stand by that decision. However, I can still believe she had something to do with her child's death.

Do you think OJ was innocent even though he was found not guilty?

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
Eh. It is what it is. I didn't follow the trial much, but over the weekend several talking heads commented that the defense had done a good job of raising reasonable doubt.

In a case like this, the main thing the prosecution has on its side is that when a child is involved, the jury is gonna want to punish SOMEBODY.
She was a known liar; she was convicted for lying. Where's the disconnect?

Known liar != murderer

Key evidence showed that she lied continually about where the child was for 31 days and made up the nanny person as part of that lie (in advance).
I guess I find it ironic the jury believed her "story" or fantasy defense, yet turned around and basically slapped her wrists for lying all during the investigation about the very thing she's on trial for in the first place, and that was what had happened to the child during the 31 days when that child was supposed missing/dead.

happytidefan

All-SEC
Jul 24, 2008
Columbus, Mississippi
Karma. I gotta believe (in my fantasy world....!!!!!) that evil will not prevail. You can't go killin' a baby and not get a comeupance sometime. Stay tuned. In the meantime, the sun will come up in the morning. Zanny the Nanny told me that. :wink:

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
What's sad is I seem to remember that's EXACTLY what he said. For realz yo.
I gots the PM still. He said some other things too. Too bad that he spent so much time and energy on us, when clearly he had greater things to accomplish. I do hope he's OK out there. ;)

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
It makes my blood boil to see that sorry, lying, heartless POS walk when I think of that beautiful little girl and how her last moments must have been. There has to be a special place in Hell for that ......

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I gots the PM still. He said some other things too. Too bad that he spent so much time and energy on us, when clearly he had greater things to accomplish. I do hope he's OK out there. ;)
I sure wish I were around to see this clown. He sounds like fun :).

Hamilton

Suspended
Dec 5, 2002
Hamilton
bama.ua.edu
I seem to have missed him too, Jessica. He sounds like he was really entertaining.
I was here during his time, but not being an active poster or reader of the site, I missed a lot of his antics. I have been looking through some of his posting history to try and find his tales of sexual conquest and mystery...but so far I've come up empty-handed. Maybe we should start a "Best of NYBF" thread with some of his direct quotes for those of us who don't fully understand his ridiculousness.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I was here during his time, but not being an active poster or reader of the site, I missed a lot of his antics. I have been looking through some of his posting history to try and find his tales of sexual conquest and mystery...but so far I've come up empty-handed. Maybe we should start a "Best of NYBF" thread with some of his direct quotes for those of us who don't fully understand his ridiculousness.
I think you summed up his conquests nicely.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
Several jurors were interviewed yesterday and said they would have loved to convict her but there was no hard evidence to prove she did it. I guess they needed a video of her killing her daughter. I would have at least thought one or two would have said guilty just to go to a hung jury.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.