Casey Anthony Verdict In

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I disagree. The jury just bought into the lies and fabricated stories from the defense, nothing more.
the defense can only regurgitate what their client tells them. Probably was a bunch of lies and hooey. But the defense doesn't have to prove anything. The prosecution has to prove that the accused is guilty. They decided to attack her character, and they did a good job....we now know that Casey is a liar and a tramp and a horrible human. Now, how about PROVING she killed her daughter. OOOPS....too late. They didn't.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
So you were there? You witnessed all the evidence and testimony?
After hearing a few quotes last night, it seems the jury did believe that she was responsible for the little girl's death but not to the standard of Capital Murder. It sounded like the jury reached their verdict and felt sick to their stomachs but in no way could they find her guilty of the charge that the prosecution brought forth. If the quote I heard was true, this jury felt beyond bad but was given no choice by the prosecution because they could not find her guilty of a lesser charge. Supposedly, the jury looked both sad and angry at Casey Anthony as she smiled and wept from the verdict. Not content, not relieved but sad and mad at her and everyone else involved in the courtroom including the defense, the prosecution and the judge.

I say that while not including the comments of the alternate juror who seems to be a moron IMHO. Or the guy was really unprepared for the spotlight he would find himself in.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Was it an all or nothing case? My god if in the process of all of this one could not definitely prove or be convinced she killed the child I think it was obviously clear (with the lies to investigators) that she held a role of responsibility in her death. Which is manslaughter. what am I missing?

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Was it an all or nothing case? My god if in the process of all of this one could not definitely prove or be convinced she killed the child I think it was obviously clear (with the lies to investigators) that she held a role of responsibility in her death. Which is manslaughter. what am I missing?
I am no lawyer but I hear that under Florida law, if a capital murder case is brought to trial and the death sentence is in place, then the jury can only rule on the charge of capital murder. There is no lesser charge the jury can find guilt on. I might be wrong, but that is what I am to understand.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
She still has a whopping six days to serve (unbelievable). Well dem wimenz in her cell block are gonna miss her. Wonder if she is in PC or in general pop? A lot can happen in six days.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I am no lawyer but I hear that under Florida law, if a capital murder case is brought to trial and the death sentence is in place, then the jury can only rule on the charge of capital murder. There is no lesser charge the jury can find guilt on. I might be wrong, but that is what I am to understand.
What purpose does that serve?

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
incorrect. they ruled her innocent of manslaughter and aggravated child abuse- both are non death penalty charges. so therefore they obviously can rule on the lesser charges.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
incorrect. they ruled her innocent of manslaughter and aggravated child abuse- both are non death penalty charges. so therefore they obviously can rule on the lesser charges.
Exactly...that is my understanding as well. Thats why the other charges were on the form and could be considered and those verdicts were read out one by one by the court...

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
If that is indeed the case, then, thank you for clearing that up I was not aware that there were lesser charges availiable to find guilt on. I then wonder if this jury was capable of following the judge's instructions and keeping all the information organized during this trial. I just do not believe that the prosecution screwed up that badly (but it is possible) and I wonder if the jury got tuned in on the defense and every word they said while paying little attention to the details of the prosecution. If their personalities are anything like the alternate jurors, then this was quite possibly an incapable jury. But I am not sure if any jury is capable of properly functioning after 3 months.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The answer I want from any juror - How can you find her guilty of lying to investigators yet innocent of murder, manslaughter, and child abuse? Did you not think she was lying to cover her guilt on one of those?

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
i would think the child abuse should have been an easy guilty verdict. she didnt call the police when her child was "missing" for months. how is that not child abuse?

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
the part that confuses me is that i swear i could remember one of the jurors (maybe the stupid looking alternate dude) say they might have given a guilty verdict on lesser charges. well, there were lesser charges- the manslaughter and child abuse charges. so it didnt make sense when he said it, so now im wondering if their is something to greatmarches original post. it does seem weird.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
the part that confuses me is that i swear i could remember one of the jurors (maybe the stupid looking alternate dude) say they might have given a guilty verdict on lesser charges. well, there were lesser charges- the manslaughter and child abuse charges. so it didnt make sense when he said it, so now im wondering if their is something to greatmarches original post. it does seem weird.
It was the alternate juror that said that and I heard him say it. That is why I posted my earlier post about the the juror (#3 I think) saying they could not convict on the harsh capital murder charge but would have on a lesser charge. I am wondering if this jury got confused or was tired and did not follow instructions clearly. I wonder if they thought that they could not convict on the capital murder therefore could not convict on manslaugher nor child abuse. They convicted on the lying charges because the lawyer for Casey stood right there and said she was liar. I am starting to wonder if this jury stumbled on this. But I am sure more will come out soon.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.