Is there a TideFans flag?

Which design do you like best? (Click on links or look in the first post for options)

• Total voters

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Just had to bump this one. I am leaving in the next 3-4 weeks for my deployment and was wondering if the flag had been made yet? If so, how do I go about getting it?
Thanks for the reminder. We've got a final design that i'm going with. Will let you know something soon. Send me a PM with your contact info and how to get to you. And again, thank you and all the other guys/gals for everything you do. It's humbling.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Ok, here is the updated flag:

EDIT: Brett, I now have the updated .psd and .png files uploaded to the S3 bucket. I'll email you the url in case you don't have it handy. :)

P.S. You also might want to close the poll on this one, since people seem to still be voting on it. :)

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
FWIW, I voted for C in the poll. I like the look of the elephant centered and the years are easier to read if they are not sideways and the crimson just looks better to me and won't show the dirt as much as the white one would.

The only downside of putting the years on the flag is that it will be out of date this time next year.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
FWIW, I voted for C in the poll. I like the look of the elephant centered and the years are easier to read if they are not sideways and the crimson just looks better to me and won't show the dirt as much as the white one would.

The only downside of putting the years on the flag is that it will be out of date this time next year.

So, if you bought one, say, this year then next year you would really be complaining that your flag was out of date?!?!? :biggrin2:

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
So, if you bought one, say, this year then next year you would really be complaining that your flag was out of date?!?!? :biggrin2:
It could be a dynasty flag in order to get around that:
1961, 1964, 1965
1973, 1978, 1979
2009, 2011, 2012

I prefer the script A, because of my baseball days. Most folks seem to prefer the block A, though.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
How's this?

I don't like the BLACK. That's not one of Bama's colors.

Now, I do like the "Script A" in TideFans. Bama does not use the block "A" so the Script A is my preference as a TideMan or TideFan. But what do I know?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Ok, here is the updated flag:

EDIT: Brett, I now have the updated .psd and .png files uploaded to the S3 bucket. I'll email you the url in case you don't have it handy. :)

P.S. You also might want to close the poll on this one, since people seem to still be voting on it. :)
Why is the "A" the ONLY BLOCKED letter. I still prefer Bama's "Script A".

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I've got a bunch of out of date shirts in my closet I still wear. I haven't bought the latest soon to be out of date shirt yet.

I didn't know this was an old poll, sorry for voting on it.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Just so everyone knows, the primary design was decided upon over two years ago. :) The only changes to the design that have been made since then are to add 2011 and 2012 to the National Championship years.

As for the block "A" versus the script "A" - the old Tidefans' logo (or one of them) used to have the old block "A", maybe with the elephant coming out of it, as the "A" in "TidefAns.com". However, due to copyright issues, Tidefans is not going to use any official University of Alabama logos in anything not licensed through the University. Since the Tidefans.com logo - and associated items - are not going to be licensed through the University then that rules out using any official logos.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
So what are the final thoughts on this? Will it be printed up and sold through the store. I'm a military guy and we have shirts and different products (flags, hats) custom made all the time for our units. It really comes down to the process you want used. Embroidery is, as always) the most expensive and generally going to last the longest (when the flag is put out during games and not year round). If you're looking for something to put on the lawn or the car, then you're gonna want nylon, polyester, or some other artificial material that will involve screen printing.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
So what are the final thoughts on this? Will it be printed up and sold through the store. I'm a military guy and we have shirts and different products (flags, hats) custom made all the time for our units. It really comes down to the process you want used. Embroidery is, as always) the most expensive and generally going to last the longest (when the flag is put out during games and not year round). If you're looking for something to put on the lawn or the car, then you're gonna want nylon, polyester, or some other artificial material that will involve screen printing.

We've had banner versions in the Tidefans' store before. I've got a couple of ideas for small, pole flags and car flags but it's up to Brett, our benevolent dictator - aka BamaNation - as to what gets done with the design.

Thus far I haven't been involved in that side of things; I just did a little photoshopping on the design a while back. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.