Alabama in NCAA 12

Bear Disciple

1st Team
Oct 27, 2009
Tuscaloosa, AL
So I picked up the new NCAA at midnight on Tuesday and have been playing it practically nonstop since, and the one things I've noticed is how hard it is score in the new game, mostly when playing as Bama. The run game becomes nearly impossible after the first few drives, and the whole team together through the air is subpar to say the least. Defense is not a problem, the guy I'm playing may as well punt on first down, but you can't win if you can't score!

So that brings me to this, for those of you that play online, is there an offensive strategy that works that I may be overlooking? I've gone as far off as the wishbone with no success, so now I've come here for answers!:conf2::conf2::conf2:

RollTideinGA

All-SEC
Jun 25, 2002
GA
What difficulty are you playing on? My son was playing me as Bama and I had Florida. He had no issues ripping good runs on me up the gut. One was a 70 yd TD by Richardson. Of course I sold out on the blitz and got burned.

Bear Disciple

1st Team
Oct 27, 2009
Tuscaloosa, AL
I think it's All-American online, usually after my first few runs they just blitz and I get stuffed, and the combination of the new defense which is impossible to pass on and our not so great passing attack in the game, I'm doomed!

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
I hear you on the passing game. It used to be easy picking apart the zone defenses if you have receivers that can run good routes. You almost have to hope for man coverage now to successfully throw the deep ball...or for your play to break down and your receivers just find open space.

As for the running game...I have found that counters work well with Trent...especially when pulling the right guard. I have had a lot of success with that play when I am between the 10 and 20...because passing there is even more difficult. Play action helps some...but if they are blitzing you...play action does not work with AJ at the helm...might as well just take a knee. I have also had some success with two TEs running out into the flats...if I know the LB is going to drop back into a zone. It might only get 3-5 yards...but sometimes that is all you need.

I'm still getting used to the game and will probably play some of the "coach a game" features...to really get deeper into play calling and the flow of the game...from a coach's perspective.

RollTideinGA

All-SEC
Jun 25, 2002
GA
Just play around and learn which plays work. I like to use the practice mode and pick the defense to blitz because that's what people do online to stop the run.

wood78221

1st Team
Jul 27, 2010
Pineville, LA via Florence, AL
I picked mine up yesterday. I did fairly well on the run, but passing it freaking hard! I cannot hardly score thru the air. I think they had made the offense alot harder this year.

I think its just going to take some time to get adjusted. Anyone know where to pick up some rosters? with names that is

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I picked mine up yesterday. I did fairly well on the run, but passing it freaking hard! I cannot hardly score thru the air. I think they had made the offense alot harder this year.

I think its just going to take some time to get adjusted. Anyone know where to pick up some rosters? with names that is
gamingtailgate has some workable rosters. Operationsports.com has a whole forum dedicated to the rosters.

Bear Disciple

1st Team
Oct 27, 2009
Tuscaloosa, AL
Tried the PA option too, but as theBIGyowski said, you may as well just give up on people online. Once they see me attempt the singleback they bring the house, and at times if I get an open receiver, AJ takes so long to set that he gets sacked (happens to everyone though, not AJ's fault).

For me it must be just Bama, I've tried playing with other teams and I absolutely rip defenses apart and had much greater success, maybe someday I'll figure it out!

Bear Disciple

1st Team
Oct 27, 2009
Tuscaloosa, AL
Also, in the way of the named rosters, is there another way of getting them on Xbox without entering the gamertag? Same as last year, for some reason I can't enter a name, only download from friends.

wood78221

1st Team
Jul 27, 2010
Pineville, LA via Florence, AL
Tried the PA option too, but as theBIGyowski said, you may as well just give up on people online. Once they see me attempt the singleback they bring the house, and at times if I get an open receiver, AJ takes so long to set that he gets sacked (happens to everyone though, not AJ's fault).

For me it must be just Bama, I've tried playing with other teams and I absolutely rip defenses apart and had much greater success, maybe someday I'll figure it out!
Same for me. WHen I go PA, it gets smashed. Online is different from playing the computer. I am playing my current dynasty on All American. But when I get online, its alot harder

Bear Disciple

1st Team
Oct 27, 2009
Tuscaloosa, AL
In case anyone else has had difficulties too, the secret, for me at least, is short passes. Mainly comebacks, outs, and slants to be specific. Comebacks and slants tend to work on both man and zone with the right timing, and outs are unstoppable on zone coverage, but will get picked off a lot on man due to the new system of extremely unrealistic route jumping.

Since switching to the short pass game, I've not lost in 8 games and gone to 22-12 at level 7 online, no one can stop it! And of course, a deep ball to Maze when they start pressing is a near guaranteed touchdown. Hope that helps if anyone else was having similar troubles to mine.

RollTideinGA

All-SEC
Jun 25, 2002
GA
Thats odd. Are you on XBox Live? All you have to do is goto download and enter the tag and download. The best rosters are from gamertag pasta padre

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Mediocre QB + mediocre WRs= small windows it seems.

Bear Disciple

1st Team
Oct 27, 2009
Tuscaloosa, AL
Thats odd. Are you on XBox Live? All you have to do is goto download and enter the tag and download. The best rosters are from gamertag pasta padre
Yeah I'm on Live, but for some reason it won't let me type in a gamertag to download, same thing happened last year and for the life of me I can't remember how I ended up getting the names!

eladabbub

1st Team
Apr 2, 2007
I've switched to Arkansas' playbook. They still have a lot of single back, but they also have better passing plays. At least it seems so to me. And if you're playing someone that likes to blitz, hit 'em with some screen passes.

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
I've switched to Arkansas' playbook. They still have a lot of single back, but they also have better passing plays. At least it seems so to me. And if you're playing someone that likes to blitz, hit 'em with some screen passes.
I created my own. I call it the Rammer Jammer offense....lol. But I still use the Bama playbook more than the one I created. I'm 4-0 in the first season but lost Richardson for the season with a broken forearm :(

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I'm still waiting for the improved zone defense on my side of the ball. If I throw a ball 6 inches from Duron Carter's head and he doesn't raise his arms one more time I'm going to have the REC break his knee caps.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.